Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird Thing Happening Iwth Speedfan

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by DWk@29 December 2003 - 18:23
    my computer is at that all the time abu.... mobo is hotter than cpu...
    wat r ur mobo and cpu temps?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    mobo moves from 37-39 (40 when gaming)
    cpu from 34-36 (37 when gaming)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by DWk@29 December 2003 - 18:31
    mobo moves from 37-39 (40 when gaming)
    cpu from 34-36 (37 when gaming)
    37 when gaming? wow. and u have an amd too! wow

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    BANNED
    just cpu fan..... video card has a heatsink only....and psu with 1 fan.... lol whats so surprising?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by DWk@29 December 2003 - 18:55
    just cpu fan..... video card has a heatsink only....and psu with 1 fan.... lol whats so surprising?
    37 while gaming. that's pretty good. that's 37C under load.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+29 December 2003 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power @ 29 December 2003 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@29 December 2003 - 13:21
    Strange fan speed readings can be one of the drawbacks of pwm speed control.

It generally depends on the fan type. The chip counts the number of times the signal falls to zero. If there is no mechanism to keep the tacho signal high when the pwm signal goes low then the pwn signal will swamp the tacho signal.

A good fan will have a diode and capacitor in its construction in order to keep the supply to the tacho high, but the counters aren&#39;t very accurate in any case, because they have a divider on the number of ticks in a certain period, and are then multiplied up to give the rpm.
    well, can&#39;t expect too much out of a intel stock fan. [/b][/quote]
    You know, if you wanted to have a manual speed control, you could just setup up a simple potentiometer on the 5V line going to your fan.

Radio shack sells Potentiometers for like 50 cents I think.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_+29 December 2003 - 19:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_John_Lennon_ @ 29 December 2003 - 19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@29 December 2003 - 13:46
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @29 December 2003 - 13:21
    Strange fan speed readings can be one of the drawbacks of pwm speed control.

It generally depends on the fan type. The chip counts the number of times the signal falls to zero. If there is no mechanism to keep the tacho signal high when the pwm signal goes low then the pwn signal will swamp the tacho signal.

A good fan will have a diode and capacitor in its construction in order to keep the supply to the tacho high, but the counters aren&#39;t very accurate in any case, because they have a divider on the number of ticks in a certain period, and are then multiplied up to give the rpm.

well, can&#39;t expect too much out of a intel stock fan.
    You know, if you wanted to have a manual speed control, you could just setup up a simple potentiometer on the 5V line going to your fan.

Radio shack sells Potentiometers for like 50 cents I think. [/b][/quote]
    doesn&#39;t changing the voltage have a high risk of damaging the fan? if it stops running, my cpu temp will go crazy

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    The whole point of using speedfan is to get AUTOMATIC speed control, not manual. It&#39;s no good later saying "I forgot to increase my fan speed before playing halo and blew my processsor".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12