Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: There Is A Lot Of Animosity

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    What hope have we got when even a thread like this is hijacked to settle old scores?

2. Lounge   -   #82
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Come on doomsayers.....this place relies on one thing: MEMBERS.

That means its up to us (yes me, and you, and even you) to do something about it....sitting back and moaning isnt going to get us anywhere, and I should know because ive done my fair share of it. I see alot of posts saying "This board isnt what it used to be in the good old days". Well who made this board good? We did! So lets get of our asses and put more of an effort in shall we?

3. Lounge   -   #83
    Originally posted by RGX@25 January 2004 - 06:24
    Come on doomsayers.....this place relies on one thing: MEMBERS.

That means its up to us (yes me, and you, and even you) to do something about it....sitting back and moaning isnt going to get us anywhere, and I should know because ive done my fair share of it. I see alot of posts saying "This board isnt what it used to be in the good old days". Well who made this board good? We did! So lets get of our asses and put more of an effort in shall we?
    Yup.

Lets face it. There are people with whom you cant go along with and there are people with whom you can talk for hours. So why not avoid and ignore things that might provocate anyone and instead enjoy each other's company.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Lounge   -   #84
    I&#39;m a member. With 3 STARS&#33; WOO-HOO&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #85
    Alot of the flaming and the provocative posts..I hate (insert sport or persons country etc here) are jus meant to start flameewars and gives the poster a feeling of power and some of it comes from immaturity and boredom...

users should understand that this is their forum too..even the ones that flame and they should realize that flaming just hurts their own forum..If new members get on here and see alot of backbiting and sniping at one another and slamming and hateful speech then more then likly the new members are gone..and sooner or later the forum dies because the Regulars get fed up with it to..of course their are some out there that get a power rush by doing this...and look at it as a victory that they have driven people away....I dont think you have to get along with everyone but you can be civil in your disagreement and not make it personal or make attacks on ones nationality etc....

It&#39;s not that hard and its not alot to ask...

ED

6. Lounge   -   #86
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Let me be the first to say that

1. UKMan you have been one of the proficient at LOUD flaming; Even having a thread for it. Moving forward though, it&#39;s good to see that&#39;s changed.

2. Flaming does have it&#39;s place. If there is member starting crap unprovoked, he/she deserves to get slammed for it (might I say I&#39;ll be first in line to do the slamming).
    It&#39;s nice to have a good, clean, wholesome, enriching, enlightening, inspirational board..... :x but there should be a medium between that and a board with some fun and fire to it. A STFU if a member calls black people idiots is warranted sometimes.

3. There seems to be a buddy system on the board that I&#39;ve observed for awhile.
    Also banned folks seem to be able to pop back up announcing themselves without a hitch from the mods. For instance:

I never had a problem with Billy Dean yet he was able to post under Turkeyboy with a flame thread while on moderation. While it was entertaining (I unlike alot don&#39;t take this stuff too seriously), it was allowed to happen. Hmmmmmmm.

Dreamweaver bka Killa Sin was allowed to post, I mean spam even after announcing who he was. Some believed we should cut him some slack yet......there he was spamming away like committing murder fresh out of jail.

UKMan (sorry man) himself had a whole flame thread, which I might add, was "overlooked" by his "friends" and mods. Hell I flamed him myself in that thread; a thread that should have been locked IMMEDIATELY by the mods.
    (again, it was rather entertaining) edit: btw it is still "unlocked"

There are many more.

I am not attacking anyone here but .....

Come...onnnnnnnn

edit: UKMan, I just read both of your posts again and...I find them both laughable.
    . I mean your first post seems to be in part a justification for your thread against a mod when, as a senior member here, you know better. If it was not, it&#39;s still weird coming from you of all people. I haven&#39;t seen the animosity you describe here lately since that thread (and many Askjeevesbot spankings) .
    It is very easy to say the right things loudly to get a hand clap but.....

your past actions say different.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #87
    what does that word mean? Animosity.....

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@26 January 2004 - 02:24
    Who is your best friend?

This&#33;
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Lounge   -   #89
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by mikenmike0001@26 January 2004 - 09:24
    Animosity- The practice of heavy blows to the back of your opponent&#39;s cranium when he&#39;s just a peacable kinda guy and doesn&#39;t really go in for all that machismo stuff.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    how much you say that.......that&#39;s exactly what happened to me last sunday.....hahah.......how ironic.....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast