Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Country Discrimination

Poster
    i dont like the fact a bunch of scottish mps made english and welsh kids pay tuition fees but scottish kids dont have too. those darn scots rule, in a way
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by 4th gen+3 February 2004 - 17:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen @ 3 February 2004 - 17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kenken@2 February 2004 - 19:18
    Where on earth did u get that from???
    There&#39;s no actual rivalry between Scotland and England the only problem that England has with the Scotts is that they choose not to be part of britain and fly their own flag; but they stick their noses in and vote on issues that only affect England just to screw us up&#33;
    I&#39;m Scottish. Scots in the British army based in England are often assaulted. There is an "us and them" mentality [/b][/quote]
    What??? I was in the Army for 2 years and I know of nothing like that happening. In fact, every Scot I knew in the force loved serving with the English. They could out-drink us so that was probably why. When I was completing my basic training, 3 of my instructors were Scottish and they seemed to get along fine.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Samurai@3 February 2004 - 17:51
    What??? I was in the Army for 2 years and I know of nothing like that happening. In fact, every Scot I knew in the force loved serving with the English. They could out-drink us so that was probably why. When I was completing my basic training, 3 of my instructors were Scottish and they seemed to get along fine.
    I&#39;ve heard this from more than one person I know and trust. Possibly their experience differs from yours somewhat
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    What??? I was in the Army for 2 years
    Christ is that the lowest now I had to do 6 (mind I am getting on).

5. Lounge   -   #25
    There isn&#39;t that much anamosity between the Scotts and Brits (Yes i meant not to include Scotland as part of Britain). This is because both Scotland and Wales are allowed to fly their own flags instead of the Union Jack but England is criticised and called racist when it flys the St. Georges flag. I thought that the Union Jack was brought in so that each country could get rid of their own flags because were supposed to be united .

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Poster
    Originally posted by kenken@3 February 2004 - 19:07
    There isn&#39;t that much anamosity between the Scotts and Brits (Yes i meant not to include Scotland as part of Britain). This is because both Scotland and Wales are allowed to fly their own flags instead of the Union Jack but England is criticised and called racist when it flys the St. Georges flag. I thought that the Union Jack was brought in so that each country could get rid of their own flags because were supposed to be united .
    I consider myself Scottish, not British. I&#39;m not a diplomat, nor do I intend to be. Don&#39;t think I hate (or even dislike) the English though, a large proprtion of my family are English. There is no bad feeling there, from me at least.

I don&#39;t think an Englishperson flying the St. George&#39;s Flag is racist at all, in the same way I don&#39;t find someone flying the St. Andrew&#39;s Cross racist.
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think &quot;Ok, this is the limit&quot;.
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Pitbul@3 February 2004 - 08:07
    Canada sucks. and you calling Americans assholes doesn&#39;t help mend hate anymore, only furthers it.
    And thats the kind of attitude that will continue it.

Oh and Scots, English, Welsh, I don&#39;t have a problem. Theres jokes every now and then, but I&#39;ve never seen anything serious. Ireland is a whole different problem. Stupid government should just give up Northern Ireland, and if the people still want to live there they can.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    Originally posted by Mad Cat@3 February 2004 - 15:36

And thats the kind of attitude that will continue it.

Oh and Scots, English, Welsh, I don&#39;t have a problem. Theres jokes every now and then, but I&#39;ve never seen anything serious. Ireland is a whole different problem. Stupid government should just give up Northern Ireland, and if the people still want to live there they can.
    [/quote]
    YES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; give Ireland back to the Irish damnit

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    stupid people should give up industry
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J&#39;Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Poster
    Usa hates canada &#39;cuz Canada is the same as USA without all the shittie problems and stupid president:

And canada is the best place to live in the globe B)

http://www.askmen.com/toys/top_10/10b_top_10_list.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast