Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Hamster Coats..

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by internet.weather@3 March 2004 - 18:03
    I say again leather shoes, hamster fur coats, the difference would be what ?
    I've never tried hamster steak, so I don't know.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by lynx+3 March 2004 - 17:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 3 March 2004 - 17:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.weather@3 March 2004 - 18:03
    I say again leather shoes, hamster fur coats, the difference would be what ?
    I&#39;ve never tried hamster steak, so I don&#39;t know. [/b][/quote]
    Clothing not food lynx.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    i think he was trying to make a point about what you do with the rest of the cow

4. The Drawing Room   -   #44
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Fur coat?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #45
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by shn@3 March 2004 - 23:33
    Fur coat?
    Is this a desire for sartorial elegance or one of those strange furry fetishes?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #46
    To simply kill an animal for a "trophy" seems to trivialize the existance of that creature.

The fur issue is kind of a &#39;tweener, as it can be used to keep warm. But let us look at the real reason behind buying one. It is to make the statement: "look at me, I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on this gaudy coat for no other reason than I can, or at least, I want you to think that". It&#39;s just like animal bling-bling, an attempt to project importance by flashing the cash. Much more efficient, comfortable and cost effective means of keeping warm are available.

My Grandfather had an elephant tusk, a black rhino horn, antelope head with horns, bearskin rug, elephant foot trash can, leopard skin wall hanging, etc.. These are obviously pointless souveniers, and are a bit of an embarassment today. Nice thing that human vanity has pushed these animals to the point of extinction. Extinction is a not a worry with hamsters, so atleast, that problem is avoided.

Old hamsters have nasty hair just like old humans, so waiting for their deaths solves nothing as the coats would be mangy.

If people want to buy hamster coats, well, I&#39;ll just laugh at your superficiality and note that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Unless you are a pimp, then the fur is a requisite.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #47
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by hobbes@3 March 2004 - 20:25
    To simply kill an animal for a "trophy" seems to trivialize the existance of that creature.

The fur issue is kind of a &#39;tweener, as it can be used to keep warm. But let us look at the real reason behind buying one. It is to make the statement: "look at me, I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on this gaudy coat for no other reason than I can, or at least, I want you to think that". It&#39;s just like animal bling-bling, an attempt to project importance by flashing the cash. Much more efficient, comfortable and cost effective means of keeping warm are available.

My Grandfather had an elephant tusk, a black rhino horn, antelope head with horns, bearskin rug, elephant foot trash can, leopard skin wall hanging, etc.. These are obviously pointless souveniers, and are a bit of an embarassment today. Nice thing that human vanity has pushed these animals to the point of extinction. Extinction is a not a worry with hamsters, so atleast, that problem is avoided.

Old hamsters have nasty hair just like old humans, so waiting for their deaths solves nothing as the coats would be mangy.

If people want to buy hamster coats, well, I&#39;ll just laugh at your superficiality and note that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Unless you are a pimp, then the fur is a requisite.
    Hmmm I have a fur coat and I like the way it looks.

That&#39;s enough for me.

Efficient means of keeping warm?
    Well that eliminates leather, down is better.....well not unless leather has a nice down lining.......uh well on second thought.....fuck it.......give me a fur coat.

Hunting an animal to extinction is just plain idiocy.

You are getting rid off your livelihood and food source.

They need to have mink farms...whoops...they already do.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #48
    it seems to me the vast majority of people accept the killing of animals provided their deaths serve a purpose, the discussion simply revolves around how much of a purpose does it take to justify killing an animal. Imo the higher the standards a person has for justifying an animals death the higher moral ground they can claim, but everythings relative, I doubt anyones claims to live completely free of animal exploitation

Efficient means of keeping warm?
    Well that eliminates leather,
    As i think lynx was saying earlier, cows are killed primarily for meat, which it seems most people accept as a more valid reason than clothing, as such the leather is a bonus. Using this resource is not equivalent to killing hamsters solely for their skin and in fact not using it would imo be similar in style to what they must do to the thousands of skinned hamster corpses.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #49
    So as long as I eat the hamster meat it&#39;s OK that I make a coat out of it&#39;s fur. I have no problem with that.

Kentucky Fried Hamster anyone ?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #50
    Originally posted by Busyman
    Hmmm I have a fur coat and I like the way it looks.

That&#39;s enough for me.
    Why didnt you just buy a fur coat made from artificial fur? It would keep you just as warm, would look exactly the same and would cost half the price.

Taking all this into account, there must be another reason that you havent mentioned yet.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast