Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooden Case

id perfer keeping the psu in the back top of case. there will still be plenty of room between the cpu hsf and the psu (about 4-5 inches). and it will make it so i dont have to worry about runing a wire out of the back of my case, or extending the psu wires. im thinking im gonna have to rig up something using wood for the psu.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Lick My Lovepump
    You need to help natural convection to get the best airflow. An exhaust fan on the bottom is a little pointless really. Put all the exhaust fans on the top, and intakes on the bottom. Air will then flow through your case.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah, its best to vent at the top at lest as warm ait will rise, so tahts the best ideas. as for bringing in air, bottom areas maybe, but then thers also if you bring in coola ir at the top, it will sink down the case cooling the rest of the air????

in the theory anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Lick My Lovepump
    Originally posted by Livy@6 March 2004 - 03:10
    yeah, its best to vent at the top at lest as warm ait will rise, so tahts the best ideas. as for bringing in air, bottom areas maybe, but then thers also if you bring in coola ir at the top, it will sink down the case cooling the rest of the air????

in the theory anyway.
    Well you really want to help natural airflow, so thats hot air rises. If you tried to force air out the bottom you're trying to fight nature then really, so just keep intake lower down and exhaust on top.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    well when i get that far in my case ill find out what one will work better, but im putting my money on my way. but ill admit that im probably wrong.
    Gaint Antispyware is the #1 greatest Spyware/Adware cleaner ever created, I recomend it to everybody, even if you don't think you need it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@6 March 2004 - 05:22
    well when i get that far in my case ill find out what one will work better, but im putting my money on my way. but ill admit that im probably wrong.
    Although I admire your pioneering spirit, I'm confused as to why you would continue with a design that you admit is "probably wrong".

Why not make a quick and dirty prototype out of plywood or MDF and test out the configuration before building the final piece?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    You better put a dust filter on that 120mm that you are putting in the bottom of the case if you plan on putting it on the floor.I don't even have a lower case fan and when my case sat on the floor with just the side panel fan it sucked in tons of dust.I moved it up on my desk and now I have hardly any.
    And another thing,all the lower 80mm exhaust fan is going to do is suck out the cool air that the 120mm is pumping in.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I got 2 intakes and 2 exhaust and its on the floor...gotta clean it like at least one a month....vacum it out.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@6 March 2004 - 16:29
    I got 2 intakes and 2 exhaust and its on the floor...gotta clean it like at least one a month....vacum it out.
    I have had mine up on my desk for about 5 months and have not had to clean it once.I used to have to clean it every odd week.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by pc-gamer-dude@5 March 2004 - 23:38
    ok, as many of you may know, im building a custom case for my computer out of wood. and ive ran into a problem. how am i going to mount the cd-roms to the case, and how will i mount the PSU to the case, i cant figure out anything for it. anyone with a diagram... or something to help?

thanks for your help, and any questions you have please ask!
    Hey man I worked with wood a lot like 6 years in school and have built gun cabinets, dressers, and even built a coffen. LOL

I think there right on the air flow and the fan setup but you could make the case out of wood. first what kind of wood are you thinking of using and what thinkness do you want to use ???

I reccommend using something like oak or walnut because it is a hard wood and making the thinkness about 3/4 in. so you can use small screws to help hold your brackets and fans into the sides and top and bottom...

Dont forget that the wood sides should be doweled into the front, back, top and bottom. One thing for sure this thing is goine to be heavy but should look good...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast