Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.1

Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+7 April 2004 - 20:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 7 April 2004 - 20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninjamonkey@7 April 2004 - 09:34
    heh, you gave them your real adress?

i always thought if i registered, they would find out i got it illegally (speaking about all programs gotten illegally)
    Yeah, I always thought so too. Maybe I&#39;m going to have to start using my real address. [/b][/quote]
    Not all companies are as generous. make sure you don&#39;t register with those that have a particular serial number associated with the email address.
    Robert00000

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Originally posted by newcster68+7 April 2004 - 00:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 &#064; 7 April 2004 - 00:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ariel_001@6 April 2004 - 23:39
    How did they get your address?
    I guess when I installed the warez copy of 8.0 and when it asks you to register the product I put my address in the registration. [/b][/quote]
    And you allowed them to send you mail from Jasc Software to the address you provided. It only took a checked boxed to accomplish that I am afraid. Nothing special or stupid on anyone&#39;s part (except maybe Jasc for not having a better registration/security process).

I use the same software as well and it may or may not suprise you to know that my (illegaly aquirred by definition) version is also registered and I receive a monthly newsletter and the whole nine yards. For as long as I can remember, Jasc has never had the "software key/activation" crap that plagues other decent applications. They pretty much just rely on ye ole&#39; "honor system".

Version 8.1.0 has been available for months now. You (being that you are registered) could have downloaded the upgrade directly from their site using PSP&#39;s update option without un-installing jackshit.

Yeah- it suprised me as well when I was able to register my copy and have it recognized as "legal". B)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Smartest thing I did was register my ZA pro got all the updates with a cracked version. Have heard they ask you to be a beta tester, too if you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12