Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Internet Explorer? Getting Rid Of Ie.

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by 4th gen+14 April 2004 - 18:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (4th gen &#064; 14 April 2004 - 18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@14 April 2004 - 22:19
    True, true.

Security has yet to be an issue for me and the fact is that every website on the net has been designed/optimized for IE.
    MyIE2 is very easy to setup and configure ( Mozilla isn&#39;t that hard but there is a learning curve), and the tabbed browsing is great.
    I&#39;m sorry, but I must have missed the learning curve...what is it?
    Mozilla firefox also features tabbed browsing [/b][/quote]
    ya, i agree. ive been using firefox for abour 4 days now, and i find that it runs almost exactly as ie does. and you can have tabbed browsing which i find very very handy.

edit: takes a bit of getting used to how pages appear onto the screen as they are downloaded and u can keep scrolling down more of the page as it loads if youve got slow internet. but if u go back to internet explorer it seems like ie takes forever to load pages because it waits for teh whole page to download before displaying anything.

lol i bet noone understands what im talking about lol so ill just shutup now

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    BANNED
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+15 April 2004 - 02:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 15 April 2004 - 02:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 4th gen@14 April 2004 - 18:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    @14 April 2004 - 22:19
    True, true.

Security has yet to be an issue for me and the fact is that every website on the net has been designed/optimized for IE.
    MyIE2 is very easy to setup and configure ( Mozilla isn&#39;t that hard but there is a learning curve), and the tabbed browsing is great.

Mozilla firefox also features tabbed browsing
    ya, i agree. ive been using firefox for abour 4 days now, and i find that it runs almost exactly as ie does. and you can have tabbed browsing which i find very very handy.

edit: takes a bit of getting used to how pages appear onto the screen as they are downloaded and u can keep scrolling down more of the page as it loads if youve got slow internet. but if u go back to internet explorer it seems like ie takes forever to load pages because it waits for teh whole page to download before displaying anything.

lol i bet noone understands what im talking about lol so ill just shutup now [/b][/quote]
    i get ya.
    cos when i was at my cousins hes got it and it loads stuff 1 by one insted of the page like u said.
    but IE is easyer and im use to it so im sticking

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by gungrave+14 April 2004 - 21:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gungrave @ 14 April 2004 - 21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@15 April 2004 - 02:09
    Originally posted by 4th gen@14 April 2004 - 18:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-clocker
    @14 April 2004 - 22:19
    True, true.

Mozilla firefox also features tabbed browsing

lol i bet noone understands what im talking about lol so ill just shutup now
    i get ya.
    cos when i was at my cousins hes got it and it loads stuff 1 by one insted of the page like u said.
    but IE is easyer and im use to it so im sticking [/b][/quote]
    i cant find anything thats &#39;easier&#39; in ie than in firefox, but whatever flots your boat (got that from kaiweiler lol)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    h1
    Lynx all the way.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Firefox.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    I know this thread is really old, but i have to ask, how cna mozilla not get to the windows update page? Is there some feature in IE i am missing?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Poster
    This is the message i get when going to the update page.

Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get the most out of your computer.

You need to be running a version of Internet Explorer 5 or higher in order to use Windows Update.

Download the latest version of Internet Explorer

Once Internet Explorer is installed, you can go to the Windows Update site by typing http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com into the address bar of Internet Explorer.

If you prefer to use a different Web browser, updates to Windows may be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Ah, I see. That makes sense now.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    cause windows update only instralls into internet explorer.

can&#39;t integrate with other browsers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Windows update sucks anyway. Either install the updates manually from downloads.microsoft.com or enable the autmoatic update feature and have it retrieve the updates for you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast