Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Adapter Question

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Yes an rca to svideo adaptor works fine.

Connect the coxial wire into your vcr, the vcr's line out (rca) copnnects to the adaptor by an rca wire, then plug the svideo cable into the adaptor and into the monitor.
    Seems kinda complicated, especially since you still gotta find a sound source.
    (btw, the speakers plug into the vcr's line-out for sound)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    the vcr's line out (rca) copnnects to the adaptor by an rca wire

RCA jacks are the least of my worries. Coaxial : s-video is the problem at hand.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by sampson@13 July 2004 - 19:11
    the vcr's line out (rca) copnnects to the adaptor by an rca wire

RCA jacks are the least of my worries. Coaxial : s-video is the problem at hand.
    I told you what to do...
    coax to any regular vcr, could buy one for 20bucks, then the lineout connects to adaptor then adaptor to svideo on your monitor....
    the vcr tunes teh channels...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    In UK, Asda (now part of Walmart) sell Pacific videos (PV204) for about £39 including tax (about $60) and I am sure they will be cheaper than that in US. I feel pretty certain they (or something similar) will be available at Walmart too. These have scart socket, which can have a direct adapter to give s-video and stereo sound (via your sound system).

I got an adapter for these included with my last graphics card, except that was the other way round, ie from my graphic card s-video output and sound card to a scart connector.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    muchspl2
    yea you buy the "box" I posted,
    cable from wall -> vcr => box =>svid out to lcd
    its not that hard....

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy@13 July 2004 - 18:29
    I think this is what you're looking for.

Didnt see any stores that sold vcr's with s-video out. Except of course that one above. Ill keep looking though.
    just look for svhs vcr
    99% have svid out/in unless it says "quasi svhs playback" then its just like your vcr sept it playes svhs

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Originally posted by muchspl2+13 July 2004 - 21:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 13 July 2004 - 21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@13 July 2004 - 18:29
    I think this is what you&#39;re looking for.

Didnt see any stores that sold vcr&#39;s with s-video out. Except of course that one above. Ill keep looking though.
    just look for svhs vcr
    99% have svid out/in unless it says "quasi svhs playback" then its just like your vcr sept it playes svhs [/b][/quote]
    I was looking at the svhs but only found the ones that played them. They didnt say anthying about s-vid out.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    muchspl2
    svhs = svid input/output

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    Originally posted by muchspl2@13 July 2004 - 22:08
    svhs = svid input/output
    svhs is a better type of vhs tape. vhs tapes hold a max 250 lines of horizontal resolution. Svhs can hold up to 400.

Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+14 July 2004 - 02:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 14 July 2004 - 02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@13 July 2004 - 22:08
    svhs = svid input/output
    svhs is a better type of vhs tape. vhs tapes hold a max 250 lines of horizontal resolution. Svhs can hold up to 400.

[/b][/quote]
    me selling electronics for 5 years > you googleing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast