Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Building Pc Plz

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Storm@13 July 2004 - 21:20
    chances you break your CPU are slim.......... watch out for your mobo though.......

cant really see clearly on your pics, but the best usually is to do it with the mobo OUT OF THE PC.......... like in the box it came in......... that will make sure your mobo doesnt crack due to the force you push on one point........

and watch it that you dont slip......... many of us have been lucky, slipped and nothing happend, but you may not have that same luck
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v303/xxkrnxstylezxx/DSC04407.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    This one makes it pretty clear that it isn't in a case.

But ya that is very good advice for future reference.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i keep forgetting that part........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    hmmm 1 more question...i have a SATA hdd....so will my DVD-RW go as the Master or the Slave????

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@13 July 2004 - 22:58
    hmmm 1 more question...i have a SATA hdd....so will my DVD-RW go as the Master or the Slave????
    If you have any more hard drives going into teh system i'd put them as primary master, otherwise put the dvd drive as Master of the Primary IDE Channel.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    hmm ok....and you know on the back of optical drives...there these plastic tab things you have to switch to get it to primary and slave.....well my dvd rw didnt come with a manual...i think the plastic thing is on 3rd from the left...which one would be the master? first one on the left?

oh and on the SATA hdd....its currently on the right...only 2 choices, im guessing this is the right one??

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@13 July 2004 - 23:03
    hmm ok....and you know on the back of optical drives...there these plastic tab things you have to switch to get it to primary and slave.....well my dvd rw didnt come with a manual...i think the plastic thing is on 3rd from the left...which one would be the master? first one on the left?
    Every CD drive I have every seen has been setup this way:

But also every cd type drive i have ever seen has had some sort of engravig or label that tells you how the jumper should go.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    thx ...and for the sata hdd, its the one on the right??? theres 2 slots

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@13 July 2004 - 23:12
    thx ...and for the sata hdd, its the one on the right??? theres 2 slots
    Western Digital Serial ATA drives have a jumper block located next to the ATA power connector. There is generally no need to change the default jumper setting in order to use the drive. The only use of this jumper block is to enable or disable power management for the drive. The drives ship in the default position with the shunt on pins 1-2 (disabled). Alternatively, the jumper can be removed completely with the same result. Placing the shunt on pins 3-4 (enabled), designates that the drive will power-up in standby mode. For most users the default position should be used.
    SOURCE

This is from western digital, but it should be teh same idea with your drive (actually, you didn't mention what drive u have...and i can't remember from your other threads either lol).

Basically just set it however u want.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    hehe didnt get that so ill just leave it at default....i have a seagate

thx everyone

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@13 July 2004 - 23:22
    hehe didnt get that so ill just leave it at default....i have a seagate

thx everyone
    Means that if it is disabled then when you go into standby mode (suspend, sleep, whatever) the drive will shut off, then when u move the mouse it comes back on. When it is enabled the drive will stay on while the comp is in standy\sleep\suspend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast