Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

I said a couple months. That can be 2 or more.

From what I have heard he is going in the right direction.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #92
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    lets just say 6 - 2 = 4 months being a conservative estimate

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #93
    Originally posted by Error403@21 July 2004 - 12:59
    I said a couple months. That can be 2 or more.

From what I have heard he is going in the right direction.
    Yeah he is really working out his problems and has already seeked professional help.

Click Me Error403

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #94
    lynx's Avatar .
    I see three distinct issues being raised here.

The rules themselves, are they right, should they be changed. A valid discussion, if the rules can be made better it can only help the board. This also includes accountability by mods. I feel sure the mods have a few rules they are expected to go by, perhaps they could include them in the main rules so we can all see what is expected and comment on those too.

The sanctions after the rules have been broken. If sanctions are too harsh they promote ill feeling amongst friends of the punished person, on the other hand if they are too soft the board becomes a shambles. Finding the right level is never going to be easy, but the apparent attitude of "when we make a decision we will never change it" can not be right. It's like saying "if you make a mistake you will be punished, if we make a mistake you will be punished".

Complaints about the rules being enforced. I can't see this has any validity whatsoever. If the rules are available, and you cross the line, then sanctions are almost inevitable. I think this is where much's argument falls down. He knows what the rules are, but seems to think certain parts of them shouldn't apply to him. At the same time, he comments that it is only the internet, not real life. In real life, someone could well give him a bash on the nose if he said the same things. That's not possible here so there has to be another method of sorting things out.

Btw, I've only ever reported one post (except to get things moved to the right section), and I made it clear I had done so. I don't like doing things behind people's back, so there were no pm's to mods or anything like that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #95
    If i see someones sig is blatently big i'll report it, also if its an animation that i watch and it goes onf or ages i check it, i reported someone who had a sig size of 250kb's just for the sig and it was massive.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #96
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 14:24
    If i see someones sig is blatently big i'll report it, also if its an animation that i watch and it goes onf or ages i check it, i reported someone who had a sig size of 250kb's just for the sig and it was massive.
    That's why I never get to see those good animated sigs.

Bar steward.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #97
    I can't be assed to animate mine and i never use just random images i always make my own art.

Drink, Sir?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910