Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Z-640 Speakers Help!

hmm im thinking about getting this audio system....but i only have a Asus P4C800E - Deluxe and no separate sound card....i read that this mb's supposed to support a 5.1 channel is this true? because i only see 3 jacks total in the back....and if it does work, do i need a new sound card for it to sound good? is it gonna be really crappy if i use the onboard sound?? oh and to anyone who has it, how is the sound quality?? is it clear and is the bass a good quality with big thump?? thx
    I believe the P4C800-E Deluxe is a step or two above my mobo, so our setups should be similar. The sound is great and the 5.1 is true. I'm pretty sure it even supports up to 8 channels (thats what my mobo says atleast). The satellite speakers plug into the woofer and are mostly controlled through there, so thats why there's only 3 plugs on the mobo for speakers.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    There are 2 channels on each jack socket.

Main socket has front left and right channels.
    Next socket has rear left and right channels.
    Last socket has centre speaker and sub-woofer.

Some boards have dual use for some of the sockets, for microphone and line in. If you want to use those you have to give up some of your speakers, but you can often get an extra connector to go into one of the back panel slots if you want everything connected at once.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    well on mine...out of the three...one of them has a mic picture and its pink...i think the other 2 are suppose to be line in and line out....so i would put one of the cables into the mic thing?? and all of the speakers would work?? but i wouldnt be able to use a mic rite?? that doesnt really matter cuz i dun even own a mic

-------------------------------------------------------------

hmm just bought one...so if someone says it wont work with my motherboard...im screwed

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@24 July 2004 - 01:42
    well on mine...out of the three...one of them has a mic picture and its pink...i think the other 2 are suppose to be line in and line out....so i would put one of the cables into the mic thing?? and all of the speakers would work?? but i wouldnt be able to use a mic rite?? that doesnt really matter cuz i dun even own a mic

-------------------------------------------------------------

hmm just bought one...so if someone says it wont work with my motherboard...im screwed
    AI series motherboards employed the world's first intelligent audio CODEC. The 6-channel AD1985 audio CODEC automatically detects and identifies what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks and notifies users of inappropriate connection, meaning there will be no more confusion of Line-in, Line-out and Mic jacks.
    I assume it does this by measuring the resistance of what's connected.

Line out is for front speaker connection
    Line in is for rear speaker connection
    Mic is for Microphone connection (4 channels) or Bass&Centre(6 channels)

You need to use the SoundMax4 Audio Wizard to configure 4 or 6 channels.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    ooh ok

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    umm i got the speakers....theres a yellow, black, and green plugs....but my motherboard has green, pink, and blue...which ones which???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@28 July 2004 - 11:52
    umm i got the speakers....theres a yellow, black, and green plugs....but my motherboard has green, pink, and blue...which ones which???
    green goes in the line out.
    black goes into line-in
    and yellow into the mic jack...

the last two could be teh other way around. just experiment.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    i think i got it...all the speakers work in NFS...but in winamp only 2 speakers and the sub works...i think i need a plug in so im gonna try one

i tried a plugin and it still doesnt work for winamp...what do i need to do to get the 5.1 work with winamp?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    might be wrong but i don't think it's possible...since MP3's are only encoded with the front speakers.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    jadsipfjapefijaewf

well that ruins everything.....

i got the middle speakers to work by pressing the MATRIX button...but the rear still dont work

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast