Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does This Mean I Get Free Money?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If you registered during that period, and you aren't on that list in §4 of people that can't have any money. You can file a claim using the url found in §7 I think. But you have to do it before October 23rd.

I'm not in super shape at the moment tho' so you should probably talk to someone you know IRL and see what they think too.

And all costs should be taken from the money won in the lawsuit if any, I don't think you have to pay anything personally.

Duh, you have to have done one of these too, or had it happen to you.

© "Dispute Resolution Claimants" are Fund Claimants who contend that, prior to February 1, 2004, they:

(i) experienced or reported to PayPal an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer to or from their PayPal account including, without limitation, electronic transfers initiated by (a) the Fund Claimant; ( PayPal in connection with, among other things, chargebacks, refunds, buyer complaints, PayPal's Seller Protection Policy, Buyer Complaint Process and/or Buyer Protection Policy; or © any third party;

(ii) had access to their PayPal account improperly, incorrectly or erroneously limited or restricted, in whole or in part;

(iii) made a request for information in connection with PayPal's restriction or limitation of the Fund Claimant's PayPal account or regarding an incorrect or unauthorized electronic transfer to which PayPal did not respond at all or did not respond to the Fund Claimant's satisfaction.
    (d) "Statutory Damage Fund Claimants" are all Fund Claimants who are not Dispute Resolution Claimants.
    Or you can't get as much money or something 'cos you are a statutory claimant I think.

a. Short Form Claimants
    The Short Claim Form requires you to provide certain identifying information and sign a statement under penalty of perjury, which may be verified using PayPal's records, that you experienced an unauthorized or incorrect electronic transfer or an account limitation or denial of access to your account. If you make a timely, valid claim using the Short Claim Form, you will receive a payment of $50, unless the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims exceeds the Short Form Fund. In that case, the Short Form Fund will be divided equally among all Short Form Claimants. If the amount needed to pay all of the Short Form claims is less than the amount of the Short Form Fund, the money left over will be added to the Long Form Fund
    And there has to be records of paypal screwing up.

The thing is I don't know whether this means they fucked up with everybody's account or just some.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Dammit, I'm too tired, where are all the people who are supposed to be awake by now?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    WAIT DOES THIS MEAN I GET NO MONEY!?!?!? I WANT MONEY!!!

PS: i have an account

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Monkeee@30 July 2004 - 23:41
    As you didn't have an account then the answer is no.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Originally posted by Monkeee@30 July 2004 - 23:41
    Do you know whether they screwed up somehow, or failed to inform you of something?

'cos I don't know if they are supposed to have missed giving out account statements appropriately or done any other thing to everybody who has an account or just some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12