Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Guide To Folding@home (fah)

thanks.can you explain to me how to use
    "-forceSSE"
    i have a AMD 3000+
    2.17 GHz

2. Lounge   -   #22
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I would suggest you contact , clocker or lynx.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ziggyjuarez+31 July 2004 - 17:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ziggyjuarez @ 31 July 2004 - 17:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> thanks.can you explain to me how to use
    "-forceSSE"
    i have a AMD 3000+
    2.17 GHz [/b]

In the properties for the F@H project, look at the target line. Simply add " -forceSSE" (without the quotes) to the end of that line. Then quit the running program and start it up again.
    <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user
    @31 July 2004 - 16:48
    ok i joined, when my name will be added to the team list, i dont see it[/quote]
    Your name is added when you complete the first work unit. Stanford statistics listings are updated every hour, Extreme Overclocking&#39;s listings are updated every three hours, from the data on Stanfords listings. So it can take over 4 hours to see your name on the Extreme Overclocking listings.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    i have a AMD 3000+
    2.17 GHz
    is this bad,good,or ok.i have no idea what this means or what it dose.can some1 explain it to me?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+31 July 2004 - 14:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 @ 31 July 2004 - 14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@31 July 2004 - 06:04
    hey nigel,i&#39;l rejoin when i upgrade to 64&#39;.Atm&#39; i only have one cpu...fah rises the temp in the 70&#39;s...
    You need to improve your cooling. I&#39;m sure your PC runs hot like that when you play games also. [/b][/quote]
    its only if fah is running .....my coolings fine&#33;&#33;&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #26
    It will run hot... as your CPU is presumably running at 100%.

In fact the warmer your room, the warmer your CPU will run. Currently my CPU is running at 57 degrees Celsius. I expect it to rise to 60 degrees as the day (and my room) gets warmer. If you are concerned and have airco, then you could turn it on.

I am not concerned at all as I have been running this program for 6 months 24/7. I am sure it is better for the CPU to run at a constant (high) temperature than continually changing temperatures.

Also if the temperatures get to high I have a program running that shuts the processor down.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by nigel123@1 August 2004 - 07:04
    program running that shuts the processor down.
    and that is..

8. Lounge   -   #28
    how do i know if im running at full speed>?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    To begin with your last question first, right click the F@H icon and click on configure. You will then see your control panel. Click on advanced, and you will see a sliding scale "CPU usage Percent." Moving it to the right is more usage, moving it to the left is less. Now if you are using XP OS then open your task manager, (Ctrl +Alt +delete) click on the performance tab and you should be running at maximum.

I am using PC Alert 4 to protect my CPU.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by nigel123@1 August 2004 - 07:52
    To begin with your last question first, right click the F@H icon and click on configure. You will then see your control panel. Click on advanced, and you will see a sliding scale "CPU usage Percent." Moving it to the right is more usage, moving it to the left is less. Now if you are using XP OS then open your task manager, (Ctrl +Alt +delete) click on the performance tab and you should be running at maximum.

I am using PC Alert 4 to protect my CPU.

im using XP&#39;Home
    thanks,ill try to find the prog

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast