Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.s. Women Vs. Greece In Olympics

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by mrlessk@12 August 2004 - 21:45
    ....Can you find it? It's fairly obvious.
    It's only obvious if you're American.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi+12 August 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi &#064; 12 August 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by mrlessk@12 August 2004 - 21:45
    ....Can you find it?&nbsp; It&#39;s fairly obvious.
    It&#39;s only obvious if you&#39;re American.[/b]

hmmm.....no, not necessarily.

Anyone knowing their A-B-C"s and able to differentiate between letters
    such as... M-S-N-B-C and C-N-B-C along with a little patience could have spotted the variance....
    be him Welshman, Scotsman, Irishman, Englishman or yes, even American.
    (sorry, but Japanese folk are excluded from participation....新宿東口の日本語学校).

It wasn&#39;t of so much importance that the letters were identifiers representing American Cable News Channels that not many (as you allude to) outside the range of American Cable TV reception would recognize but, more that one set of the letters was out of place, irregular and not the exact match it should be.

Both sets (CNBC - MSNBC), in consideration of the context, should have matched exactly, regardless of which one was the correct set....unless of course one knew exactly which channel the Women&#39;s Soccer match was actually on (MSNBC in this case) then the other would have been the odd man out.

P.S. There sure seems to be a lot of venomous anti-American persuation and innuendo within these Forum halls.....

<!--QuoteBegin-World News and Events Forum

If Americans do vote for GWB it will confirm for what quite alot of people around the world think about Americans, that the majority are arrogant, clueless and ignorant.[/quote]

As for me (shameless plug coming), yes I am and always will be.....

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by mrlessk+13 August 2004 - 03:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 13 August 2004 - 03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi+12 August 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi &#064; 12 August 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-mrlessk@12 August 2004 - 21:45
    ....Can you find it? It&#39;s fairly obvious.
    It&#39;s only obvious if you&#39;re American.[/b]

hmmm.....no, not necessarily.

Anyone knowing their A-B-C"s and able to differentiate between letters
    such as... M-S-N-B-C and C-N-B-C along with a little patience could have spotted the variance....
    be him Welshman, Scotsman, Irishman, Englishman or yes, even American.
    (sorry, but Japanese folk are excluded from participation....新宿東口の日本語学校).

It wasn&#39;t of so much importance that the letters were identifiers representing American Cable News Channels that not many (as you allude to) outside the range of American Cable TV reception would recognize but, more that one set of the letters was out of place, irregular and not the exact match it should be.

Both sets (CNBC - MSNBC), in consideration of the context, should have matched exactly, regardless of which one was the correct set....unless of course one knew exactly which channel the Women&#39;s Soccer match was actually on (MSNBC in this case) then the other would have been the odd man out.

P.S. There sure seems to be a lot of venomous anti-American persuation and innuendo within these Forum halls.....

<!--QuoteBegin-World News and Events Forum

If Americans do vote for GWB it will confirm for what quite alot of people around the world think about Americans, that the majority are arrogant, clueless and ignorant.[/quote]

As for me (shameless plug coming), yes I am and always will be.....

[/b][/quote]
    Another logical thinker.

If the title thread said channel GjKkklL

and then in body of the post it said channel OOPKkklL...

....anyone should have noticed the obvious difference Darth Raw Fish.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 August 2004 - 12:52
    ....anyone should have noticed the obvious difference Darth Raw Fish. &nbsp; &nbsp;
    UMM..watching TV is not considered a form of foriegn travel. Not all countries have "cable," MSNBC, etc. In fact, some countries only have rabbit ears (that&#39;s a small indoor antenna if you&#39;re too young) for reception and the total number of available channels will not exceed one hand. The Olympics do not only sell television coverage just to Americans exclusively and you&#39;re both very naive to believe the Microsoft-Peacock symbol is required on all channels worldwide. As an American who has lived overseas longer than the states and has witness three world cups, 3 Olympics, and 2 America&#39;s cup (that&#39;s sailing) in either Europe or Asia, never once did I noticed a U.S. logo on the channels showing it. I know I&#39;m beating a dead horse here but I do hope you both don&#39;t believe this forum is based in the U.S..

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi+13 August 2004 - 16:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darth Sushi @ 13 August 2004 - 16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@13 August 2004 - 12:52
    ....anyone should have noticed the obvious difference Darth Raw Fish.
    UMM..watching TV is not considered a form of foriegn travel. Not all countries have "cable," MSNBC, etc. In fact, some countries only have rabbit ears (that&#39;s a small indoor antenna if you&#39;re too young) for reception and the total number of available channels will not exceed one hand. The Olympics do not only sell television coverage just to Americans exclusively and you&#39;re both very naive to believe the Microsoft-Peacock symbol is required on all channels worldwide. As an American who has lived overseas longer than the states and has witness three world cups, 3 Olympics, and 2 America&#39;s cup (that&#39;s sailing) in either Europe or Asia, never once did I noticed a U.S. logo on the channels showing it. I know I&#39;m beating a dead horse here but I do hope you both don&#39;t believe this forum is based in the U.S.. [/b][/quote]
    No problem man but:

1. The last NBC thing has simply to do with reading comprehension, not knowing American TV channels.

2. The peacock symbol is NBC&#39;s not Microsoft&#39;s.

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #16
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    okeedokee&#33;

Well&#33; anyone have anything else before we adjourn?

P.S. A crew will be here shortly to remove that dead horse lying over there.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 August 2004 - 22:07
    No problem man but:

1. The last NBC thing has simply to do with reading comprehension, not knowing American TV channels.

2. The peacock symbol is NBC&#39;s not Microsoft&#39;s.

Peace

8. Lounge   -   #18
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Darth Sushi@13 August 2004 - 14:15

Peace

That says it all&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s a wrap&#33;

:beerchug:

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by mrlessk+13 August 2004 - 22:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrlessk @ 13 August 2004 - 22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Darth Sushi@13 August 2004 - 14:15

Peace

That says it all&#33;&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s a wrap&#33;

:beerchug: [/b][/quote]
    Cheers and Go U.S.A.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12