Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Editorial: Michael Moore's patriotism

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I knew that this link would come in handy again.

Just for you B. This column was written by a well know liberal.

Clicky Clicky
    I really love that article; I have had it bookmarked for a few months now
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Articles written about it are opinions, so it would be fair to say you based your opinions on the opinion that you wanted to hear...not on the film itself.

You chose to believe the negative reviews not the positive ones...i suspect because of who he chose as his subject.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Articles written about it are opinions, so it would be fair to say you based your opinions on the opinion that you wanted to hear...not on the film itself.

You chose to believe the negative reviews not the positive ones...i suspect because of who he chose as his subject.
    wrong...read the article
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    ElvisLover's Avatar Gepper #1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    wrong...read the article

How can that be wrong? Its that blokes opinion of the film and Michael Moore

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    wrong...read the article
    No, your wrong.

You cannot have an opinion on a subjective matter, without actually seeing what your claiming to have an opinion about.

I've seen it, i can honestly say its a crap Movie and biased.. in my opinion.

You cant, you havent seen it, your relying on other people's opinions...

I really dont give a stuff what peoples politics and opinions are... however, time and again, you demonstrate that you just relay other peoples opinions... you never actually look into stuff enough to form your own.

I can dig out loads of articles saying the movie is brilliant... Doesnt mean id agree with them. Like i said, in my opinion it was crap...

HOWEVER, no one can say that everything or indeed most of whats in the movie is incorrect... even the GOP havent tried that one. The most they have tried is to point out one or two minor discrepancies... and none of them are willing to take him to court over the movie, which would be their right if they feel Libeled.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i have to agree with the others manny ...you made a boo boo.

but please tell me what it is you object to about moores film.. Hank didn't answer...perhaps you will

As i said i haven't seen the film but from the general feeling i get from reviews he took some facts and stretched them and spun them into a web.
    Last edited by vidcc; 10-18-2004 at 07:21 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I refused to go to the show and watch it because I will not give my hard earned money away to Moore. There were plenty of articles written about it that told me everything that I needed to know about the film.

If you were to read the book in my sig you would have a better understanding. If you have a chance to go by the library pick it up and give it a read.
    You are a young man with his fingers in his ears and his eyes closed which is actually rather odd for a young person.

I still soak up info like an old sponge but I've been that way before your current age.

I watched Bush speak as well as Kerry at their respective conventions.

Regarding the lack of surge in the polls by Kerry, why do you give polls such credence?

If Kerry wins, what of your polls then?

F911 does have some things that are pretty factual albeit rather low to include in the film.
    Our tough Commander In Chief sitting for 7 minutes after hearing of an attack was hilarious and very sad.

For some reason he reminds me of the Stilson character in The Dead Zone movie.....well liked but when shot at, uses a child as a human shield.

If had rate toughness

it's someone who fought in war and then had the guts speak out against it after he served.

What's Bush's resume?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    As i said i haven't seen the film but from the general feeling i get from reviews he took some facts and stretched them and spun them into a web.
    Exactly...what you said, That is what I object to.

Though the article is opinion...it is based on facts that Mr. Hitchens points out. The authors displays in detail the untruths that Moore lays out.

All you need is a little poison in a big glass to kill you...

I have seen the film and it is much false connotation based on a little truth... RF, your presumptions on my ideals are fastly getting annoying. I do not disestablish your opinions. These presumptions do though affirm that I am indeed getting something through when you have to resort to repeatedly try to discredit my opinions through whatever means instead of counter them.

EDIT: or maybe it's something trivial like my sig that gets you and others in a huff?
    Last edited by spinningfreemanny; 10-18-2004 at 08:16 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

I have seen the film and it is much false connotation based on a little truth... RF, your presumptions on my ideals are fastly getting annoying.
    Not at all...

I thought i made it clear that I thought you hadnt seen the film.

If you have, then the whole of my post is non-consequential... the whole point was making opinions based on other peoples critique. Im sure you would agree with the point, even if i mistakenly put you into this category on this one.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Why would you assume I didn't?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast