Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transferring files to one PC to another!!!

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Thank u guys for ur advice.....

I'll see which way to go, either crossover or by putting the old hard drive into new Pc....

If i do crossover, it will be much easier, but would take time to transfer...

whereas,

If i put da old drive in new PC and copy, paste/ drag stuff, that would be faster!!

So i guess i have to choose da best way!

Thanks once again!

Cheers :-)

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    100 mbits per second if you use the right cable. Thats about 40 minutes for your 30 gigs by my maths.

Depends on your proc too I suppose.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    100 mbits per second if you use the right cable. Thats about 40 minutes for your 30 gigs by my maths.

Depends on your proc too I suppose.
    if that's da case...than i think I should go with crossover thingy.....if it would take around 40-1hr. to transfer 30 gigs than i don't mind...i thought it would take hours if i go with crossover method!!

Thnx for dat info..:-)

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hey no worries, it's always a pleasure trying to help you cause you're so polite

Btw, you might want to check what crossover cable you have/get because there is some stuff that only transfers at 10mbits per second which would make your transfer time almost 7 hours at best. I don't know how common that slower cable is tho'
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Hey no worries, it's always a pleasure trying to help you cause you're so polite

Btw, you might want to check what crossover cable you have/get because there is some stuff that only transfers at 10mbits per second which would make your transfer time almost 7 hours at best. I don't know how common that slower cable is tho'
    ok i will keep dat in mind when i go and purchase a crossover cable. I will make sure i get something dat will transfer stuff from one Pc to another at a good speed!

Cheers :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12