Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking in Scotland

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Its all a big con. They are going to ban smoking everywhere so that they can legalize the use of marijuana.

@ Clocker! egregious ?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Actually, no.
    I don't know many ( or any, for that matter) such people.
    I'm sure they exist, but I don't see this happening myself.
    Perhaps as a smoker you don't notice it as much.

What I DO experience firsthand is the totally unsolicited advice from strangers who feel compelled to lecture me on the evils of smoking and what I should do to improve myself.

I am obligated ( nay, forced) to put up with this from my mother, but from strangers....no
    well i've never seen anyone (apart from health adverts, doctors etc.) lecture a smoker in public of the harm they are doing to themselves.... although i have seen (once) a non smoker in a resturaunt have a go at someone that lit up and the smoke was wafting over his table ( funny how it always heads for the non smokers ) if a smoker wants to smoke i am all for that...they must not blame the tabacco industry for the incured illnesses... and please let me be smoke free.

There are 2 sides to the arguement "why should i not smoke when i am out"... the smoker has a choice...the passive smoker doesn't, so why should the non smoker give up their social life because they don't want to smoke?

You as a considerate smoker may do everything in your power to be considerate, but you can't control where the smoke ends up once it's left you.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Its all a big con. They are going to ban smoking everywhere so that they can legalize the use of marijuana.

@ Clocker! egregious ?
    And make gay wolf sex mandatory.

http://www.boomchicago.nl/Section/Videos/AttackAd
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    And make gay wolf sex mandatory.

http://www.boomchicago.nl/Section/Videos/AttackAd
    I hate to disillusion you Hobbes. But I have this strange feeling that those 'wolves' are not real. There is a possibility that they have had human bodies transplanted on them by the use of Photoshop.

But dont let that stop you from dreaming about them.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    They are going to ban smoking everywhere so that they can legalize the use of marijuana.
    This is a great idea, cos then they can tax it, and fill the hole that less tobacco use will create...

Since I partake of neither, and both will be banned from public spaces, I couldn't give a shit..

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    Bigboab
    They are going to ban smoking everywhere so that they can legalize the use of marijuana
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarossa
    This is a great idea, cos then they can tax it, and fill the hole that less tobacco use will create...

Since I partake of neither, and both will be banned from public spaces, I couldn't give a shit..
    Doing puns now barbie?
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:46 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #67
    lynx's Avatar .
    Seems like we are to have some sort of ban in England & Wales too. However, smoking will be allowed in pubs which do not sell food. This seems like a reasonable compromise, but somehow I have a feeling it won't be enough for the rabid anti-smoking lobbyists.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #68
    I think they should ban chewing gum while they are at it. Someone is going to bring out, if not already, tobacco flavoured chewing gum. As if the streets and seats of cinemas, trains and buses are not enough of a mess with the stuff already.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #69
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Seems like we are to have some sort of ban in England & Wales too. However, smoking will be allowed in pubs which do not sell food. This seems like a reasonable compromise, but somehow I have a feeling it won't be enough for the rabid anti-smoking lobbyists.
    In otherwords...

Suburban "Locals" will have the ban, while the younger party pubs in the Towns/Cities dont...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #70
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    They've already banned smoking in most public buildings here. There was no great upcry about it, since the smokers can go outside if they want. It's not just for the health of the general public, but for the health of the people who have to work eight hours in a pub. Even if they didn't smoke, they would be subjected to breathing it in each day.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast