Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Board Busy

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    I don't like the idea of guest viewing guides.
    currently they can...

If I could make it so that the forum link is shown but it says you need to register instead of 'there has been no post newer then 2 months' or something like that.

I'm also looking for a way to hide avatars/signatures for guests.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 12-17-2004 at 11:39 PM.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Ideally as much information should be hidden from guests as possible, giving them a reason to join. Currently, they can just look at the information they need and disappear.

Also, if you do end up hiding the guides forum, make it obvious that the information is only hidden to guests and not absent completely (some people might actually be stupid enough to think the forum's just empty).

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Phlegm
    Also, if you do end up hiding the guides forum, make it obvious that the information is only hidden to guests and not absent completely (some people might actually be stupid enough to think the forum's just empty).
    Thats why I wanna find out how to make some sections hidden and add a notice that they need to register to view it.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    Thats why I wanna find out how to make some sections hidden and add a notice that they need to register to view it.
    Is it possible to make it so that they they can view the thread titles in the forum but not actually access the threads themselves?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Phlegm
    Is it possible to make it so that they they can view the thread titles in the forum but not actually access the threads themselves?
    there is no standard option to do this....

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    A Guest Area with a pinned topic could do all that...

/me is now being a pain in the arse.
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-18-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123