Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PS2 and Burned DVDs

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    DVD Shrink will compress and burn (using Nero) all for you. You just insert dvd and click backup. Takes like 15mins to shrink and 20mins to burn on my pc
    Alright cool. I downloaded DVD shrink months ago because I thought it would eventually come in handy. If I get questions, Ill post them here.

2. Games   -   #12
    I want to burn 3 family guy seasons to 2 dvds. But they are all AVI files, how can I burn the DVD's so they work on my PS2?

3. Games   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    I want to burn 3 family guy seasons to 2 dvds. But they are all AVI files, how can I burn the DVD's so they work on my PS2?

Movieworld anyone? Thats impossible by the way, Family Guy is like 3 discs per season so 3 seasons is gonna be at least 9 discs after converting.

4. Games   -   #14
    Movieworld anyone? Thats impossible by the way, Family Guy is like 3 discs per season so 3 seasons is gonna be at least 9 discs after converting.
    NO, it is not impossible. They are just AVI files. 3 seasons. 7.5 GB total.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 01-16-2005 at 06:44 PM.

5. Games   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    NO, it is not impossible. They are just AVI files. 3 seasons. 7.5 GB total.

Yes it is , the Playstation cannot read those AVI's, they need to be re-encoded to MPEG2 which makes the file sizes massive, meaning that 7.5gb is gonna go up by maybe 3 to 4 times. Use Nero and add your AVI files to a new DVD project and as long as you have all the plugins installed it will do it for you but you will only fit a few episodes on each disc. Why do you think the retail dvd's only hve 4 episodes on each? If companies could put a whole season onto two dvd's they would to save money but its impossible if you want it to play on a DVD player/Playstation 2.

6. Games   -   #16
    Yes it is , the Playstation cannot read those AVI's, they need to be re-encoded to MPEG2 which makes the file sizes massive, meaning that 7.5gb is gonna go up by maybe 3 to 4 times. Use Nero and add your AVI files to a new DVD project and as long as you have all the plugins installed it will do it for you but you will only fit a few episodes on each disc. Why do you think the retail dvd's only hve 4 episodes on each? If companies could put a whole season onto two dvd's they would to save money but its impossible if you want it to play on a DVD player/Playstation 2.
    That isnt what you said previously to that post, and I dont appreciate you saying that like I am some sort of idiot. The way you posted did not give hint to anything you just said. It sounded like you meant all of the AVI's would fit onto 9 DVD's. Thank you Peerzy for your help. I think I have those. And will the Playstation 2, read MPEG encoded stuff? Thank you Peerzy for helping me though, I do appreciate you telling me how to do this. I cant wait to be able to do this!

EDIT: I do have the Mpeg-2 Plugin for Nero installed. Now what do I do?
    Last edited by orcutt989; 01-16-2005 at 10:37 PM.

7. Games   -   #17
    Now you go to movie world

I like using WinAVI to convert. Goes hella fast.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #18
    I never called you an idiot? I also said that the files would need converting to work on a Playstation.

You want to open Nero SmartShit choose video and then its like Re-encode Video or something like that, click that then add your video files. Click next make your menu, click next wait for it to encode. Put a disc in when it asks for one and then let it burn. Done

MPEG 2 is the format that retial DVD's come on so yes the Playsation and your DVD players will read the MPEG2 'stuff' as long as the dvd media you use is compatible with the player/PS2.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 01-17-2005 at 12:07 AM.

9. Games   -   #19
    I never called you an idiot? I also said that the files would need converting to work on a Playstation.

You want to open Nero SmartShit choose video and then its like Re-encode Video or something like that, click that then add your video files. Click next make your menu, click next wait for it to encode. Put a disc in when it asks for one and then let it burn. Done

MPEG 2 is the format that retial DVD's come on so yes the Playsation and your DVD players will read the MPEG2 'stuff' as long as the dvd media you use is compatible with the player/PS2.
    Thanks a bunch. Yeah I already looked on that one Handy website that has all DVD players and what they support. Ps2's support all data DVD's. -/+

I went to nero>>video, and then "Burn DVD Video Files" And then this screen comes up.

Last edited by orcutt989; 01-17-2005 at 01:12 AM.

10. Games   -   #20
    If you're gonna use Nero, Use NeroVision.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast