Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefox reaches 18,000,000 downloads!

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    bbcode?? you mean I can find a option to highlight text and just click bold rather then have to manually type it?? or a emotion smiley??

its a shame i found firefox faster but i would use IE to use forums for that reason and found no point having firefox i never used it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I dont see what makes it any better...
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    bbcode?? you mean I can find a option to highlight text and just click bold rather then have to manually type it?? or a emotion smiley??
    Yep.

BBCode

It ads a right-click option for bold,underline,quote/image-tags,etc...

Here are some Screenshots

The smilies aren't Invision though
    Last edited by Filliz; 01-18-2005 at 01:20 AM.

hmm...asspie

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    well if firefox let me do forum tags and had a decent spell check to clean up my Long posts i would get it

70% of my browsing is in forums posting and its fucked you have to do forum tags manually
    I use the Spellbound extention todo spell checks.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Considering there are roughly 6 1/2 billion people in the world, 18 million isnt even 1%, hell it isnt even 1/2 of a percent, congratulations, assholes. IF it was more like 30%, or 50%, then we could get excited.
    Roughly 40% of the population have never used a computer, let alone know what one is.

A further 20% only use a PC for work, or they're satisfied using it to write documents, listen to music, play games etc...

Your idea of 30-50% is impossible.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well if firefox let me do forum tags and had a decent spell check to clean up my Long posts i would get it

70% of my browsing is in forums posting and its fucked you have to do forum tags manually
    spellbound is a good spell check extension.
    forum tags work in the lateest version.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    And use it on your custom title too
    I have concluded that less than 15% of the people visiting a forum is able to spell the word "lose".

I am a hardcore Firefox fan, so for me this is great news!
    Now all there is left is for IE to be illegal to use in more countries than Finland, and we are all set to go
    Sage goes in the signature field.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    nostalgia's Avatar Frequent visitor
    The more popular it gets, the more certain people will look for flaws in it and try to exploit them. So I'm glad Firefox is beginning to settle in the browserworld but on the other hand can a enormous popularity also destroy it.
    -- They tell me tomorrow will never arrive, but I've seen it end a million times. --

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nostalgia
    The more popular it gets, the more certain people will look for flaws in it and try to exploit them. So I'm glad Firefox is beginning to settle in the browserworld but on the other hand can a enormous popularity also destroy it.
    True enough.

Firefox is open source, though, so while your typical evil hacker might have an easier time of finding an exploitable flaw, there are plenty more good hackers capable of spotting and fixing the same flaws. The turn around time on serious exploits should be a lot shorter than any closed source browser, which will limit potential damage.

As always, however, the end user is ultimately responsible for upgrading to the fixed version. The most serious flaw in any piece of software will always be a lazy or ignorant user.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Get BBcode Extension u wont even need to goto advance mode to post anything u can jut use that Extension in fast reply.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast