Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Get a Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    How many times must I agree with you in the same day.
    Well, I imagine we'll get all these rare instances out of the way today so that we may be at each others throats for the remainder of the year.

An "economy of agreement", if you will
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-14-2005 at 12:06 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #82
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news BM.
    Wishing you and your friends my thoughts though I know there are no words that will help ease the pain.

I would retort to scribblec, but whats the point?
    Really, I think everyone has had their say in this thread, and it should be closed before another half time student trying to get his jollies makes another pathetic comment like that. :sickened:

At the end of the day, I like most of you and would be unhappy if you all disapeared.
    Except SnnY.....I hate SnnY.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #83
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    half time student =l

4. Lounge   -   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    half time student =l
    Well, I guess it is official, you are a complete prick. Thanks for never posting again.

5. Lounge   -   #85
    lynx's Avatar .
    @Busy, I'm really sorry to hear about that, it must have come as quite a shock.

@Lilmiss, I'm leaving it open because there may be others who wish to post more positive comments, but that little tosser won't be posting here any time soon.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #86
    I'm so sorry for your loss Busyman. Words do not make sense at a time like this, but know you are in all of our thoughts.

It's more prudent to spend time figuring out what's right than who's right

7. Lounge   -   #87
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    @Busy, I'm really sorry to hear about that, it must have come as quite a shock.

@Lilmiss, I'm leaving it open because there may be others who wish to post more positive comments, but that little tosser won't be posting here any time soon.
    Thanks lynx

@hobbes-

I just thought about something. He was complaining of ankle pain from an injury last week. He said, at that time, he had it from 2 weeks ago which would have made this the 4th week of him playing and sometimes limping.

That's way too long for an ankle injury and to keep playing on it.

My thoughts, and you tell me since know some things about medicine and such:

Due to his ankle injury which probably didn't heal properly, he had a had deep vein thrombosis which in turn caused a pulmonary embolism that went to his brain. He may very well had emboli since the injury was so old.

I wasn't thinking a clot went to his heart because as I said he "switched off" which indicate brain. I would think a heart attack would cause a clinch or yell and but did nothing.

The other thought was a brain aneurysm.

In either case I hope, and this sounds bad, that it was something that I had no control over (or anyone for that matter). I never gave CPR nor did the gym have a defib.

It sounds kinda weird coming from me but I actually appreciate the sentiments from everyone. God bless.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-14-2005 at 03:35 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #88
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Thanks lynx.

9. Lounge   -   #89
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Thanks lynx

@hobbes-

I just thought about something. He was complaining of ankle pain from an injury last week. He said, at that time, he had it from 2 weeks ago which would have made this the 4th week of him playing and sometimes limping.

That's way too long for an ankle injury and to keep playing on it.

My thoughts, and you tell me since know some things about medicine and such:

Due to his ankle injury which probably didn't heal properly, he had a had deep vein thrombosis which in turn caused a pulmonary embolism that went to his brain. He may very well had emboli since the injury was so old.

I wasn't thinking a clot went to his heart because as I said he "switched off" which indicate brain. I would think a heart attack would cause a clinch or yell and but did nothing.

In either case I hope, and this sounds bad, that it was something that I had no control over (or anyone for that matter). I never gave CPR nor did the gym have a defib.

It sounds kinda weird coming from me but I actually appreciate the sentiments from everyone. God bless.
    From what little I know, it seems to me that you couldn't have done anything.

It could have been an aneurism, especially so since you were playing basketball. These things hit when you exert yourself.

And it could have been a blood clot as well, if it's in the worst possible place I think it could do what you describe.

In either of these scenarios I guess he might have survived if conditions had been different, if the hospital had been closer or if he hadn't tried so hard or if he hadn't had that blood clot, but that has nothing to do with you. As far as I can tell you did what you could, and shouldn't feel guilty about it in any way.

As someone said, he did get to go while surrounded by friends, and he went fast. And that's a lot better than dying slowly, alone in a hospital, from complications caused by a stroke, which could have happened if it was a blood clot.

In my part of the world, ordinary things like this is what kills people, rather than gunshots or anything else that might be done to themselves, by someone else or themselves (if they don't die of old age). I've seen people die oh so slowly of cancer, been sitting next to them while they gave up their last breath after struggling just to be able to breathe for many hours.

Be glad your friend wasn't tortured like that. If I had to go early, I might well pick the road he went.

@lilmiss:

@hobbes: thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-14-2005 at 11:34 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Anuerysm is a possibility, but it would have to have been a massive rupture. It usually starts as a terrible headache and gets worse from there.

Blot clot is possible. It would take a massive clot to fill the pulmonary arteries which would prevent proper circulation. Imagine running down the court and suddenly no blood is getting to your brain, it would cause someone to drop like a stone.
    <-refresh

A venous blood clot can only physically get to the brain if the person has a hole in the heart (atrial septal defect).

We will just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-14-2005 at 02:52 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast