Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Was there a guy just now...

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    well not blasphemy then, but any philosophical views. if any are allowed they all should be. i dont mind someone preaching about god to me as long as i can answer back

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I personally don't believe a word of the Bible, although I was raised Christian. Imo, it is a story tale that teaches you basic morals, nothing more. The New Teastament is closely based on the myths of the pagan religions, from everything from the devil to wedding services, and contradicts itself over and over.

It's always a good thing to believe in something, but not to obessively try and sway other peoples judgement according to your own ideals.

What I can't understand, is why parts of the bible have been hidden from public view.
    Last edited by Lilmiss; 02-24-2005 at 01:59 AM.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #33
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    I personally don't believe a word of the Bible, although I was raised Christian. Imo, it is a story tale that teaches you basic morals, nothing more. The New Teastament is closely based on the myths of the pagan religions, from everything from the devil to wedding services, and contradicts itself over and over.

It's always a good thing to believe in something, but not to obessively try and sway other peoples judgement according to your own ideals.

What I can't understand, is why parts of the bible have been hidden from public view.

Very philosophical and well put Lilmiss. Saved me from making stating my opinion on the subject. Go to the top of the class.
    Last edited by bigboab; 02-24-2005 at 08:49 AM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Hang on a minute. Jesus was a real bloke - an important historical figure. The New Testament recounts stuff he did.

Lots of stuff in the Bible is real, undoubtedly.

Whether you believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God and could do magic is another point entirely.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Hang on a minute. Jesus was a real bloke - an important historical figure. The New Testament recounts stuff he did.

Lots of stuff in the Bible is real, undoubtedly.

Whether you believe that Jesus of Nazareth was the son of God and could do magic is another point entirely.
    Steady Manker! It will be the Close Brethren for you shortly. That wee grey building at the top of the valley.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Did anyone manage to get a screenie or copy of the evangelist's posts?

I could do with something religious to laugh at

Hail

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234