Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeless people should not be able to have dogs.

manker's Avatar effendi
    Also, t'beggars get an extra allowance of something like £8 per week if they are responsible for a pet. I really don't understand how this allowance works, or even if it still exists, but I rather suspect it gets spent on Tennants Super instead of Winalot Beef 'n' Tripe.

If people weren't such gits, the Welfare State would be more easily defensible.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    If people weren't such gits, the Welfare State would be more easily defensible.
    We cant all be super intelligent. Stealing from the poor. Hold on a minute till I get my other foot back in the double sock. I was kicking the 'puter when I read your thread.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Eh what

So have you got a Big Slipper™ - I thought Billy Connelly was kidding about that
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Eh what

So have you got a Big Slipper™ - I thought Billy Connelly was kidding about that
    When you reach a certain age(soon for you ) all these weird catalogues start coming through the letter box. The big slipper, the wrap around glasses, etc. Some of them are hilarious. My father-in-law(89), sends away for all this stuff. He tries it out, then hands it out to somebody for their Xmas present.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I don't know why but when I saw the thread I thought it was going to say Homless people shouldn't able to decorate.

I recall an old busker who had a rather beautiful white alastian. However, they clearly adored each other and the dog was almost certainly his best friend. I know some people gave him cans of dog food so I guess his dog ate ok. I think it would be a hard hearted person (or JP ) that would have taken his dog from him.

However, I have seen the drug addict attached to a dog by a piece of string syndrome and I believe Manker is right in that there used to be some kind of additional benefit attached to owning a dog. Somehow after a couple of years of Blunkett as Home Secretary I doubt if this is still the case (unless the benefit is five minutes on the wrong end of a stun gun).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. Lounge   -   #16
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    free dog food. why wouldn't david blunkett go for that?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I think I am going to end up begging. I am definately going senile. I was in a shop today(XS Irvine). There was an assistant was stacking books on a table. I turned to the wife and said what is dnos? 'She said it is soup you silly bugger. You are reading the book upside down'.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    I think I am going to end up begging. I am definately going senile. I was in a shop today(XS Irvine). There was an assistant was stacking books on a table. I turned to the wife and said what is dnos? 'She said it is soup you silly bugger. You are reading the book upside down'.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast