Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the game.. little help?

I'm another noob. Seems better to add to this topic then make another newb/noob topic.

Anyway I'm looking particularly for anime series. (right now specifically Nadesico)

I've tried Emule/LW/BT/DC++ (still don't get how it works)/Ares/KL (not anymore)

I still have Emule and BT and DC++

BT dl is a bit slow because of few seeds so I was hoping to search somewhere else and Emule so I tried DC++ after reading up on the guide here. Got it going but I don't understand how the hubs work.

Is there some sort of search option for each hubs? That's definitely alot to search for.
    Last edited by Eclectic_Loner; 07-19-2005 at 04:27 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I've never even heard of Nadesico, there must be a good anime torrent site.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    here's a BT quick guide

download and install azureus then run it

set your upload speed to 15k

go to tools > options > connection and change "incoming TCP listen port" to "16881"

now go to the pirate bay and search for the file you want

pick a result with a seed/seeds

check the nfo and comments if you can be bothered

open the torrent in azureus and choose to save whatever you're downloading like you would if it were any other download

i didn't quite get if you've got BT working in this thread
    Last edited by GepperRankins; 07-26-2005 at 01:24 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I've already read the guide about boosting BT and have got azureus prior to this (sorry for not clarifying this)

The only thing I didn't do that you have posted above is change the upload speed. What does that do or let me rephrase: Does decreasing the upload limit increase the download speed?

Ironically pirate bay doesn't have nadesico based from my search right now. As far as I know there is only one nadesico file torrent out there (consisting of the ACTUAL series as opposed to manga scans and mp3s for the anime)

I got the torrent from isohunt search and demonoid and both are the same file. I'm not quite sure about the ones at torrentreactor (never used it anymore for torrents. I get alot of torrents that have no seeds there nowadays) as well as mininova. Nevertheless the file still seems to match with the one torrent file I've searched for. (basically all the nadesico torrent files regarding to the series is in ogm format)

Anyway while tweaking the port to speed up dl does work, the problem is that the entire torrent file is 6 gigs. I was hoping if there were other nadesico files that can be downloaded individually. (1 episode = 1 dl like in most p2p files provided in LW, Kazaa, etc.)

Anyway Emule does have those files individually but it's confusing. (I see alot of french sub something plus apparently the first episode is unavailable)

Based from what I've read, DC ++ and Mirc are better places to get files that are requested or something. Never really know how to work both out yet.

Mirc I haven't tried yet while DC ++ have loads of hubs that I don't know where to find although I have read alot from people that use DC ++ that it is great for looking up rare or specific files. Problem is there's no search thingy of sorts to look for and I end up having to go from hub to hub with no idea of how to view files or what files are in each hub. (Not to mention that the format is very chat room/mirc looking)

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BT is the way to go IMO... Emule and limewire can be good at times aswell

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Rizindon's Avatar Poster
    we seem to be gettin a lot of noobs these days lol... do u tink its the advertising of illegal downloading lol....

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic_Loner
    I've already read the guide about boosting BT and have got azureus prior to this (sorry for not clarifying this)

The only thing I didn't do that you have posted above is change the upload speed. What does that do or let me rephrase: Does decreasing the upload limit increase the download speed?

Ironically pirate bay doesn't have nadesico based from my search right now. As far as I know there is only one nadesico file torrent out there (consisting of the ACTUAL series as opposed to manga scans and mp3s for the anime)

I got the torrent from isohunt search and demonoid and both are the same file. I'm not quite sure about the ones at torrentreactor (never used it anymore for torrents. I get alot of torrents that have no seeds there nowadays) as well as mininova. Nevertheless the file still seems to match with the one torrent file I've searched for. (basically all the nadesico torrent files regarding to the series is in ogm format)

Anyway while tweaking the port to speed up dl does work, the problem is that the entire torrent file is 6 gigs. I was hoping if there were other nadesico files that can be downloaded individually. (1 episode = 1 dl like in most p2p files provided in LW, Kazaa, etc.)

Anyway Emule does have those files individually but it's confusing. (I see alot of french sub something plus apparently the first episode is unavailable)

Based from what I've read, DC ++ and Mirc are better places to get files that are requested or something. Never really know how to work both out yet.

Mirc I haven't tried yet while DC ++ have loads of hubs that I don't know where to find although I have read alot from people that use DC ++ that it is great for looking up rare or specific files. Problem is there's no search thingy of sorts to look for and I end up having to go from hub to hub with no idea of how to view files or what files are in each hub. (Not to mention that the format is very chat room/mirc looking)
    on adsl upload effects download speed. if you set it to go 15k it actually goes about 20k

any faster than 20k and it starts to slow your downloads

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Thanks for the adsl info.

Still no DC++ help...

As far as BT goes, well... it peaked and never recovered so far from losing suprnova. Rare files are harder to search and few seeds that's why I plan to change illegal downloading programs

DC++ seems to be the next FREE best thing so far (read that newsgroup is the best way) but I don't know how to search the mils and mils of hubs.

Btw setting the upload limit doesn't seem to increase the dl speed of the torrent. The only difference I've noticed is that the dl kb/s remain the same while the upload kb/s lowers which means I get to browse at least one website completely while I couldn't do that when the set limit was off

Does this mean that my connection isn't fast enough or I should lower down the upload even further down?
    Last edited by Eclectic_Loner; 07-28-2005 at 08:31 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Old Fella
    BT stil goes fine without Suprnova, you just need to find the right sites (check the threads in BT part of forum for more info). Itt sounds like you're frustration now is about slow d/l of file you are wanting, hoowever it seems that it is a very rare file so you may just have to put up with slow d/l.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Been off a week from home.

Nah not really bothered with slow d/l speeds. I'm more pissed off at dead trackers (and there are alot). I've checked the forums already and know the sites (not really that hard to search for anyways although I don't understand the idea of invites)

I'm also still hoping to get some help on DC ++ and how to search files there.

As for the suprnova comment, it's just that back then it was the main site to go for. Lots of torrents even rare ones having lots of seeds and a forum to boot (right now this is the only file sharing forum I know)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast