Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so "free" about this

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    the war and support of the troops

sheehan supports the troops in her way by making sure we know how many died (I don't get how one can support the war and wish to hide such costs) and by campaigning to get them out of harms way. You may not agree with how she supports them but she is not anti troops. In this she stood on principle and refused to cover her shirt or leave.

the other claimed to support the troops and the war but didn't think it worth making a stand.
    The "war" is not a principle.
    You don't think that the supporting of the reasoning behind it "because it was the right thing to do" is not?
    "Support of the troops" is not a principle.
    Support for the troops "because it was the right thing to do" is not?
    Her refusal to cover her shirt indicates nothing but stubbornness.
    .Think of the principle of the message... what the shirt is saying
    Actually, for her to say she "supports the troops" strikes me as a bit specious.

If she hates what they are doing, how can she "support" them, given their volunteer status?
    Oh... did they all volunteer to fight in Iraq then? Soldiers volunteer to defend their country, that doesn't mean that they all believe every war is just.
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-11-2006 at 03:08 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    So did Rosa Parks refusal to change her seat.
    Nobody was complaining about Rosa's shirt, which was changeable-they had a problem with her skin color, a distinctly different kettle of fish.

Do not let your inclination to refute me mislead you into bitch-ass stupid-fuck reasoning, Busyman.

You do Rosa no credit when you are so undisciplined..
    Ha! Typical now I'm snubbing Rosa's credit.

My ass-fuck stupid-bitch reasoning doesn't have to have a t-shirt to t-shirt comparison.

Pay attention with me now......stubborness and a person's individual rights.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-11-2006 at 04:29 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Those are two of the most cock-eyed posts I've ever seen, and consecutively, at that.

Vid-

When you join an all-volunteer army, you don't get a vote on where you go or what you do.

If your Commander-in-Chief says "Hie thee to Iraq, and don't forget your gun" that is what you do.

What in the world gave you the idea it was otherwise?

Busyman, have you copyrighted all of your pet phrases or something?

When I reply to you in kind, you react rather heavily...granted, I can't successfully adopt your ebonics-laden slurs, and I surely don't have your "street cred", but I don't need it, either.

I was merely trying to appeal to you as I see you try to appeal to others.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    My ass-fuck stupid-bitch reasoning doesn't have a t-shirt to t-shirt comparison.
    BTW-

Sorry to have gotten the order wrong; I'll work on that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Those are two of the most cock-eyed posts I've ever seen, and consecutively, at that.

Vid-

When you join an all-volunteer army, you don't get a vote on where you go or what you do.

If your Commander-in-Chief says "Hie thee to Iraq, and don't forget your gun" that is what you do.

Busyman, have you copyrighted all of your pet phrases or something?

When I reply to you in kind, you react rather heavily...granted, I can't successfully adopt your ebonics-laden slurs, and I surely don't have your "street cred", but I don't need it, either.

I was merely trying to appeal to you as I see you try to appeal to others.
    When do I appeal to anyone?

Congratulations on your use of curse words. You get an award and whatnot.

Street cred means shit here and fuck ebonics (what a bullshit word).

Everyone knows when the President says go you go.

As a non-military citizen of this country you have the right call him on the rationale for war, exert pressure, and NOT be a partyline bend over.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

The "war" is not a principle.
    You don't think that the supporting of the reasoning behind it "because it was the right thing to do" is not?
    "Support of the troops" is not a principle.
    Support for the troops "because it was the right thing to do" is not?
    Her refusal to cover her shirt indicates nothing but stubbornness.
    .Think of the principle of the message... what the shirt is saying
    Actually, for her to say she "supports the troops" strikes me as a bit specious.

If she hates what they are doing, how can she "support" them, given their volunteer status?
    Oh... did they all volunteer to fight in Iraq then? Soldiers volunteer to defend their country, that doesn't mean that they all believe every war is just.

That's just silly and hopefully you know it.

You join the Army, you go where your told, everyone knows that before they join.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

Vid-

What has that got to do with what I posted?

Please show me anywhere That I suggested any of this.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

That's just silly and hopefully you know it.

You join the Army, you go where your told, everyone knows that before they join.
    As with Kev please point to where I said They don't have to go where they are told.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Please show me anywhere That I suggested any of this.
    I think this will do.

This could be fun, too, as I see it offers many opportunities for selective parsing and shading.

When you sign up, you are obligated to fight, whenever and wherever, or you go to the stockade to await your date with a tribunal.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    When do I appeal to anyone?
    What I meant by that was your normal method of posting....you know, the bitch-ass, fuck-wit, CaptainObvious, my rod/johnson balls-hanging-out, what-not, partyline bendover stuff that is so inherently you.

It is the way you post, much as I constantly use big words that you object to so often.

It's so endearing.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast