Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Think The Mods Need To Be More Strict

Why do people assume that because someone isnīt constantly swearing or being abusive they are not relaxed.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier@30 May 2003 - 10:02
    Why do people assume that because someone isnīt constantly swearing or being abusive they are not relaxed.
    Interesting observation, mofo.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    I bunged some posts on which were obvious nonsense. They are called jokes - you laugh - you don't - that's called being individual - but all the ones I posted were read by decent numbers of folks.

The lounge is about talking about anything you like as I understand it - If your not interested in the subject - dont click it. But don't start deciding what others should and should not read, based on your own personal values, unless of course it's obviously vindictive or offensive.

If you do you have become a politically correct Hitler. What ever you think of the posts I put on, for instance - they may not have been politically correct but there was certainly no malicious intent.

One persons spam is another persons roast beef - and tough shit to the vegetarians! If there is no freedom of speech possible here in the lounge - forget it - this part of the forum is a failure!

Spam to me means offering one thing and actually giving something else - usually negative in style. If you get me?

Full Respect to all.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Poster
    Quick point on swearing. When used for every other word I agree it sucks&#33;

When used selectively for humourous or emotional effect no problem.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by crazy_billy_bats+30 May 2003 - 08:35--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (crazy_billy_bats @ 30 May 2003 - 08:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nahan@30 May 2003 - 08:31
    Everyone shouldnt be so sensitive ,relax a little loosen up and have a beer.
    i say have a joint instead peeps

no offence&#33; [/b][/quote]
    yay, im always up for that.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by clocker+30 May 2003 - 16:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 30 May 2003 - 16:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PB Montgolfier@30 May 2003 - 10:02
    Interesting observation, mofo. [/b][/quote]
    Thank you SF&LA

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Originally posted by fugley@30 May 2003 - 17:25
    But don&#39;t start deciding what others should and should not read, based on your own personal values, unless of course it&#39;s obviously vindictive or offensive.

If there is no freedom of speech possible here in the lounge - forget it - this part of the forum is a failure&#33;

That&#39;s interesting, you are supporting people&#39;s freedom expression, whilst telling them what they shouldn&#39;t do.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Closing a topic in an early stage can prevent a lot of problems ,
    bad stuff can seemingly provide a freecard for(other) bad elements.
    If need be the topic can imo always be restarted :in another tone.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by PB Montgolfier+30 May 2003 - 17:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PB Montgolfier @ 30 May 2003 - 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--fugley@30 May 2003 - 17:25
    But don&#39;t start deciding what others should and should not read, based on your own personal values, unless of course it&#39;s obviously vindictive or offensive.&nbsp;

If there is no freedom of speech possible here in the lounge - forget it - this part of the forum is a failure&#33;

That&#39;s interesting, you are supporting people&#39;s freedom expression, whilst telling them what they shouldn&#39;t do. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s interesting, you are supporting people&#39;s freedom expression, whilst telling them what they shouldn&#39;t do.

That&#39;s deep word play&#33; Though superficial at best&#33; I would never wish to have the power thanks. You want action I want words. The words you speek are fine - the possible actions are the dangerous bit.

But have to say this is one of the best strings around.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Originally posted by fugley+30 May 2003 - 17:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fugley @ 30 May 2003 - 17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -PB Montgolfier@30 May 2003 - 17:36
    <!--QuoteBegin--fugley
    @30 May 2003 - 17:25
    But don&#39;t start deciding what others should and should not read, based on your own personal values, unless of course it&#39;s obviously vindictive or offensive.

That&#39;s deep word play&#33; Though superficial at best&#33; I would never wish to have the power thanks. You want action I want words. The words you speek are fine - the possible actions are the dangerous bit.

But have to say this is one of the best strings around. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s neither deep nor superficial, though I do appreciate the effort you make in being oxymoronic.

".... don&#39;t start deciding what others should and should not read ...." is an instruction. (As opposed to I would prefer it if you did not ... etc)

So you are giving an an instructiuon to the reader and then go on to invite him to do just the thing you have instructed him not to. You are just attempting to confuse with your fancy-dan word play, the very thing you accuse me of.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast