Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man this month has been like Christmas to me.

manker's Avatar effendi
    I think you have to drill or hack out channels into the plaster of the wall and then encase the wires in a protective plastic sleeve of some sort before filling the channels back in with plaster and then re-painting (or re-wallpapering).

It's surely a jawb for someone other than me. I had a quote of just over a hundred quid when I first had the telly but I said no, thinking the guy would come back with a cheaper quote. He didn't ... .
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    100 quid is not bad for that sort of work

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    It would be an awesome price if it was from a builder who employs plasterers and electricians and who would give me an invoice.

As it is, it was from an unemployed mate of my Dad's who used to work for my sister and changed a switch in my bathroom for a tenner, once.
    He's a kind of Welsh Gripper.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I think you have to drill or hack out channels into the plaster of the wall and then encase the wires in a protective plastic sleeve of some sort before filling the channels back in with plaster and then re-painting (or re-wallpapering).

It's surely a jawb for someone other than me. I had a quote of just over a hundred quid when I first had the telly but I said no, thinking the guy would come back with a cheaper quote. He didn't ... .
    That sounds about right yeah. Sounds hard to pull off.

I think 100 quid is 199.4 dollars here? That sounds about right, here at Circuit City they charge $150 to put it on your wall, it's more if you want them to hide the wires in the wall and stuff.

If you have a really nice TV, and the place on the wall to put it, I think it's worth it.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    He's a kind of Welsh Gripper.
    I hope you don't let people use the switch without donning rubber gloves first

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    The res of that Sony Bravia 40'' is full 1080P I think, so get some proper HD to play on it! None of that upscale-crap, it looks awful. HDBits, and you can run your PC in to it and use that to play mkv's at 1080P...provided you have a decent processor/graphics card...
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    saweet

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    The res of that Sony Bravia 40'' is full 1080P I think, so get some proper HD to play on it! None of that upscale-crap, it looks awful. HDBits, and you can run your PC in to it and use that to play mkv's at 1080P...provided you have a decent processor/graphics card...
    See, the problem is I don't. If I try and play a 1080p mkv movie on my computer, it's really laggy and stuff. If I tried and skip forward, VLC media player will crash. :p

I can download a 1080p mvk movie, and convert it to an AVC MP4 video, and copy it to my PS3's HDD, but that's a lot of work. I want to try some Blu-Ray movies, I just need some money. Now I'm kind of broke lol.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    a Blu-ray burner is only £326.36, hdbits has 187 Blu-ray Discs
    Last edited by Alien5; 09-20-2007 at 04:20 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Try installing CoreAVC and playing it with BSPlayer....
    Now go away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast