• Yes, if invites are very easy to come by

19 8.52%
  • NEVER!

59 26.46%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Make FST invite only?

Roy.A's Avatar Noddin' My Head
    Voted "No" ,
    FST should be easily accessible to help people and expand their knowledge about BitTorrent etc. ~
    by making it closed and hard to get you will disrupt "File Sharing" awareness .
    Last edited by Roy.A; 11-23-2007 at 02:41 AM.

Long Live Piracy ~

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    people vote for yes because of their "i'm in - fuck the rest" attitude they love so much.

they would even make their local supermarket invite only if it grew their e-penis.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i think you sometimes forget, that fst is not about bt invites.
    Sooooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    i wouldnt mind if it was invite only it would be alot more exclusive
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Some people seem to think that FST is driven by the Bittorrent section. The Bittorrent section is only one section of many. FST was successful long before the Invites section was established and to be honest, I feel it would be much better if all the members who are here solely to trade invites, fucked right off.

For the most part FST has a wealth of information posted and scads of knowledgeable members who are ready to help at a moments notice. But too many threads have completely asinine responses or comments from a member who is talking out of his/her ass. That brings the overall usefulness of the forum down.

Nine times out of ten, that members profile will reveal that the majority of their posts are contained within the Bittorrent related sections.

Coincidence? You decide.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    FST is not only about Bittorrent.
    Its a open forum were you can discuss everything, Its my main source of information regarding torrents and other warez. You could ofc make the invite selection invite only. But making everything invite only would only make info travel slower since not everyone had access to this site.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheffy View Post
    FST is not only about Bittorrent.
    Its a open forum were you can discuss everything, Its my main source of information regarding torrents and other warez. You could ofc make the invite selection invite only. But making everything invite only would only make info travel slower since not everyone had access to this site.
    Agreed.

File sharing in general is about being open and sharing; not limiting or restricting what's out there.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    How come there is many voted yes.. but if you read the post here majority are voted no or never...Are the members who voted yes cannot justified their vote? or they just afraid to reveal themselves?
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    but where would you trade for FST invites?? on SCT and FTN!?
    I like this.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    How come there is many voted yes.. but if you read the post here majority are voted no or never...Are the members who voted yes cannot justified their vote? or they just afraid to reveal themselves?
    Because of the selfish attitude of humans. If they think it is going to become a closed shop, then they will have the opinion of "I'm in, I will have have access to the goodies and others won't, so why should I share them goodies"

Thankfully, it will never happen.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast