Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you increase your ratio?

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Oh yes i forgot to inject that piece of information. Always aim to seed your torrents to a 1:1 ratio. I know it can't always be done but strive for it to be done 97% of the time. Also if you can, leave your computer on 24/7. Don't worry it takes up more electricity to shut it down and start-up every day then to just leave it on and maybe restart it every 2-3 days or so. Or unless you just installed some new windows update or software of course. But i think you get my point.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    4gb torrents don't kill your memory i have only had problems with real time scanning antivirus programs sophos in my case was the problem a utorrent message would apear saying disk overload 100% also 4gb files take ages to seed back on a slow connection but if there is lots of leechers you will have no problems i just download a few rar files and the sample included to help builed the ratio.The sample alone can be seeded 20+ ratio if jumped on early. if you do have problems just increase your memory size in the utorrent setting overrise automatic cache size this fixed my problem 32 meg is default double or tripple that should be fine. i don't believe people now days still use only 256mb sticks in their computers
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-01-2008 at 03:15 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Oh yes i forgot to inject that piece of information. Always aim to seed your torrents to a 1:1 ratio. I know it can't always be done but strive for it to be done 97% of the time. Also if you can, leave your computer on 24/7. Don't worry it takes up more electricity to shut it down and start-up every day then to just leave it on and maybe restart it every 2-3 days or so. Or unless you just installed some new windows update or software of course. But i think you get my point.
    How does keeping your computer on save electricity, as compared to shutting it down....?

As far as the ratio goes; I jump on popular DVD releases and seed as long as possible... Free leech helps sometimes too.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    I will try those suggestions tomorrow because I want to have waffles forever I don't want to lose it so as much as possible I'd like my ratio to be high

Anymore suggestions?
    Demonoid all the way

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Well if you can't afford the electric to run a computer i would not be using private torrent sites and just leech on public sites. ~Or you could just pay for newgroups and you can download 24/7 on them untill you reach your monthly limits in gbs you can even pick a package to have unlimited so you never worry about how much you download and you have nothing to seed back

giganews being one of them
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-01-2008 at 03:24 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Well if you can't afford the electric to run a computer i would not be using private torrent sites and just leech on public sites. ~Or you could just pay for newgroups and you can download 24/7 on them untill you reach your monthly limits in gbs you can even pick a package to have unlimited so you never worry about how much you download and you have nothing to seed back

giganews being one of them
    I heard newsgroups are better than torrents? Is it true, I have totally no clue about it
    Demonoid all the way

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Some would say so but i would not know because i'm not a member of any i did consider useing them in the past but i dont download as much as i used to so i have no use for them somebody who is a member of giganews will be able to tell you better than i can theres tons of members here who use it so you wont have to wait long for a responce

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    The difference with newsgroups is that you have to pay (most of the times), and then you don't have to worry about ratios or seeding back, if this is a problem for you. You can just download whatever you want non stop.

If you're planning on getting a seedbox, I would recommend you better pay for newsgroups.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Aeyen's Avatar Poster
    I don't download much too, just some mp3s and stuff for my PSP other than that, I guess I don't need newsgroups
    Demonoid all the way

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    donate if u can't seed

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast