Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hardrive

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    OK here is a pic of your MoBo

As you can see you have a few options and pleanty of room for additional Drives. I would suggers going SATA as it's pretty much the new standard

Here is a simple Video how to install. It is as easy as Screwing it into your case and connecting the power and data cables. Now this is an IDE but the principles are te same only the cables look a bit different.
    [youtube]bt7ve7IeAGE[/youtube]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Yeah but USB is painfully slow compared to an internal PATA- or even better, SATA- connection.
    External drives are convenient I must admit but I prefer eSATA over USB anyday.
    Ya very true Clocker , I use it more for back ups for my wife's pictures or sharing movies with our roommate . I format a lot to try different O/S and its like one big DVD -RW to me .

@ Deltale , nice post . Its funny I have two workmates bringing me DVD-R 's early to work tomorrow so I can show them how to install . Guess I could just linked them to this vid as its the same concept .

Mind you there would be no beer in it for me .
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-06-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    easiest thing in the world! same difficulty level as installing a piece of software or changing a lightbulb. worst case scenario by a drive enclosure and hook the drive up to your pc via USB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12