Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New what.cd userclass rules

Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I enjoy the change. It does give people the little extra push that was needed.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i absolutely agree with these new rules.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    colombianino's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think that what they would rather have is members uploading new stuff all the time, rather than sit on 50 torrents for 5 years and never upload a new torrent.

Or thats the way i read what you said, but then again, someone, somewhere, will always find a loophole/negative to anything tracker staff tries to do.

Or maybe you are correct an what think a lot differently to what i do, my philosphy is, once you have got 5 snatches on the torrent, you can leave it forever, its up to those that snatched it to keep it alive.

I always seed other members stuff a lot longer than my own uploads, I have done my bit putting it on the tracker for the members, its up to the members to make sure other members can still get it.
    totally with you on this one, some can't maintain 100+ torrents, i bet my internet would be stalled on "waiting...." all the time.

the idea is good. it does make people upload more, and they finally are doing something about their uneeded rips.

sadly i am against this as i don't see a benefit from being forced to upload, not that they are being forced, they'll just get demoted.

IMO uploading torrents counts as much as downloading them, so i would promote the 2 together but i guess they just want the whole world in mp3 and flac in their db , i am not against that
    Last edited by colombianino; 04-21-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.
    Albert Einstein

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Nothing's changing for me. My personal opinion is that what is missing downloaders not uploaders. A rule against overseeding would be interesting
    Last edited by brightsid; 04-21-2009 at 09:04 PM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i'd rather prefer what.cd to enable seedpoints bonuses, it would be more fair than the actual system.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    This change doesn't effect me at all and if you can't upload 5 files then you really don't need to be promoted to power user in the first place.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm having difficulty understanding what "their current uploaded torrent total is less than 5" means.

Does it mean your 5 uploads have to have seeders or you won't be a PU?

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I always seed other members stuff a lot longer than my own uploads, I have done my bit putting it on the tracker for the members, its up to the members to make sure other members can still get it.
    Word, word. I mean it's hard to keep 5 torrents active if you're uploading less known stuff innit.

Just the act of ripping and uploading it should be awarded. Say I make a FLAC rip of an extremely rare rap album, that x5 should be enough to be a PU IMO...
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 04-21-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    Does it mean your 5 uploads have to have seeders or you won't be a PU?

yes i believe so. your "Uploaded" count in the user stats can go down if a torrent is removed from the system. torrents get removed after 2 weeks of no seeder activity.

this is why i've personally seeded all my torrents the entire time cause i dont want to have to rely on strangers to keep them going.

the better trick would be to upload extremely popular torrents ones that will have dozens if not hundreds of seeders that way you wouldn't have to worry about keeping them going... but with a lot of mine i'm the only seeder so it's just easier to keep them all going myself.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    personally, i don't give a fuck to user classes as long as my buffer is good enough to let me download whatever i need.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What do you actually get for PU anyway.I mean besides being able to hang out with all the other cool kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast