Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you mad at the Snitch??

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I'm curious to know how you UK-T members feel about the guy that snitched you out to save his ass.

I personally hate his guts and would spit in his face for being such a fukin coward.
    I mean he had the balls to make profits out of selling DVDs but he didn't have the balls to take the full punishment. I guess he believed that he was never going to be caught.

After all he had been a member in Uk-t for 4 years and all that time I'm guessing his relationship with the other staffers must have been very close. How could he go and rat them out so easy? He could have put them all through a lot of shit if they weren't fast enough to delete the database and records.

What's his name? From now on he should be referred to as "[insert name] The Rat"

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    "You never really know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks”

3. Lounge   -   #3
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Playing the devil's advocate here, if I was being investigated for gross copyright infringement with intent to profit (i.e. selling pirated DVDs) and had already been arrested, I'd be looking for ways to shorten my inevitable sentence too.

Yeah it sucks, but what's done is done. No point sitting around worrying about things you can't change.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Not mad at all. Most people would do the same. Getting people to roll over and give up their accomplices is something that law enforcement excels at.

Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    He could have put them all through a lot of shit if they weren't fast enough to delete the database and records.
    They would not have been fast enough. Chances are if he made a deal then he gave full cooperation in assisting them to gather all the evidence they could.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here, if I was being investigated for gross copyright infringement with intent to profit (i.e. selling pirated DVDs) and had already been arrested, I'd be looking for ways to shorten my inevitable sentence too.

Yeah it sucks, but what's done is done. No point sitting around worrying about things you can't change.
    This is the first time I have read any specifics, so I am assuming that what people in this thread are saying is true.

That said, the guy who was selling the "pirated" DVDs already broke a MAJOR ethical issue for many of us. This community is NOT about money, it is not about selling- it is about the sharing and communicating of information (and hopefully, the relationships we build in doing so).

Someone who is going to violate that ethical concept will have NO issue disrespecting any other relationship that he/she has ever had. I would argue that he/she was NEVER one of us. They were an outcast, a thief, a mongrel dog far BEFORE they infiltrated our community.

So, in a way, you are right ca_aok, IFF you were guilty of doing what "the Rat" did, there would be no reason NOT to turn on the community, the site, or your pretend friends- he/she NEVER belonged in the first place. This kind of low-life needs to be eradicated from our mix. They give the MPAA and the RIAA and anyone else who would wish to damage, or destroy, us the ammo to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I've seen at least one staff member confirm that someone selling pirating DVDs was part of the site removal. As to the story about multiple staff arrests and such that Benjamin just told, I see no reason for him to lie but I've also seen no confirmations and it's a bit of a tall tale. It would explain the lack of info from staff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. Lounge   -   #7
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    it's one thing to be caught with sharing warez/movies etc... it's entirely different when you get caught making money from it, as then you have crossed the line into federal territory which brings serious shit!

it's not surprising this guy would be cooperating by giving up his sources.. especially since the authorities are no strangers to UK-T.. isn't that the reason they went underground so to speak before? didn't get snagged with anything but it was a close call..

anyways, it doesn't bold well for them..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Thanks, ca_aok. What has been said here has a ring of truth to it. I believe there is an important lesson here in how important it is for each individual in the community to hold to standards. Anyone who thinks that we are all "essentially stealing" so we can just do whatever we want should think again.

Keep the money/profit out of sharing. It is NOT what we do; it is NOT who we are. That goes for individuals as well as sites. You know what you are doing, stop doing it! You are giving all of us a bad image- you are giving strength to those who want to end us.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    the snitch = Bad-Day.

one of my source confirmed that he got released on parole few days ago.
    no more informations were provided.

stay tuned.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I thought this was going to be about a recent poll here.

Anyways, about him snitching...well, you never know what you would do until you are in the hot seat. But, it was his own stupidity that brought him down. You don't sell pirated DVD's, that's foolish. So he had noone to blame but himself, so he should have taken the punishment.

And, he could have said that he obtained the dvd's from any public tracker, warez forums, newsgroups, etc. But he specifically named uk-t. Maybe he wanted to get the site in trouble for whatever reason.

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast