Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RapidPeer - Dead?

Signed up over the weekend just to try their one off service, to see how things go, and not a single response. Anyone know anything about them? My initial payment is sitting in the owners Paypal account unclaimed, and they aren't bothering to respond to my messages.

Not really a great start. I was hoping they would be reliable seeing as they sponsor the forum
    Last edited by loubarlow; 01-21-2010 at 08:56 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Ive also bought a seedbox from them the bronze one and its been 30hrs+ and it says on the thing that it wont be more than 6 hrs. *SIGH*. Ripped off by rapidpeer and torrent swift (host issues, cant contact aswell).

EDIT:
    I just got my username and password to log in on ther gui.
    Last edited by 2bad4u; 01-18-2010 at 07:49 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    i m using it for 3 days.
    THEY CHARGED ME 2 TIMES!!!
    i bought -2 weeks bronze packet-which is 25gb,100mb unlimited,max active torrents.
    First, I paid 5eu via paypal,then i got 2 e-mails
    in first mail it is written: Your Rapid Peer account info will not be sent to you until you pay below:

invoice #192
    Amount Due: €5.19
    Due Date: 16/01/2010

Invoice Items

Rapid Peer BRONZE Package €5.19
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Ara Toplam: €5.19
    Kredi: €0.00
    Toplam: €5.19
    When i logged to client area i saw that i have 1 unpaid bill.
    There was an another link which link me to paypal to pay another 5.13eu

In second mail in mailbox,it is written:
    Code:
    We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below: blabla
    I send 3 customer tickets to explain my situation.No reply within 2 days.
    Then i paid the second bill:
    after 20 min i got the user details to use seedbox.
    This is the 3rd day i got no reply to my tickets.
    First payment status is still unclaimed on paypal
    upload speed is so bad(tried on several private tracker-also TL).There are 6 active torrents,max total u/l speed was 1.6m avg is 1m(lol now is 50 for 6 popular torrent).Looks like it s limited by server admins or there are too much user per seedbox.
    I saw a advertisement on this site about rapidpeer and i tried to use them.I m luck that i didn t spend too much.It is not the scammer but too many lies and bamboozlement

I suggest anyone Never ever try their shared seedbox plans
    Probably it s one of the worst hosting service all over the net.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    exxxo

Angry

I guess I am not the only one.
    My service worked good for only 10 days then all hell broke loose.

Frozen web ui, Javascript Errors, Disconnection with FTP or 30Kb/s downloads. 46Kb/s downloads to other private seedboxes. I have not been working right for the last two weeks. I sent e-mails and no responses. I already cancel my credit card with them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    hmm.
    1 / 2 of my tickets has been answered less than 2 hrs, the 2nd one hasnt been yet (not 2 even 2hrs yet) but my upload speed (maxed) is like 1mb just but the downloads r fast enuf.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    snagit's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hey guys, you should consider Xirvik the next time you buy a seedbox.

They are really quick and friendly as well. They noticed that my server was down and they transferred everything from the old one to the new one FOR FREE and in a little while!

I seriously recommend them, they are great!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    They accepted my second payment.They send me same bill lol.
    So they charged me 2 times(5*2eu for 2 weeks) i got only 1 seedbox and no reply to my tickets about last 48+ hours.
    - upload speed suddenly dropped to 50kb(limited-using 7 popular torrent files on TL) for last 6-7 hours.
    D/l speed is now avg. 5.5-6 mb.

-I have only got working ftp account with avg. download speed.I have 20mbit connection on my home,ftp dl speed is 1.2m/s

Beware!!
    Stay Away from them!!
    Last edited by ertemmstein; 01-19-2010 at 04:43 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Well my payment has finally been accepted....after 4 days. A step in the right direction I guess. Not quite the 6 hour set-up time they state. No user details yet though lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hahah they destroyed my tickets about twice payment.
    after 12 hours u/l speed seems normal(1.5-2m)
    but still rutorrent webUI creates corrupt torents,all torrent files that created by webUI are 1kb/corrupted

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Well another day gone and still not set-up. Useless.

I have had my ticket responded to, with a request for my email address (which is clearly visible in my sign-up details doh!) so it's clearly delaying tactics.

Will be contacting Paypal for a refund if it's not set-up today.

AVOID.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast