Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC recruitment

How about a beyboard on head, hands handcuffed, gas mask on, and the silliest pair of oversized glasses you have ever seen? Is that TTC material?

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    brento's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by enviouz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    pics of said woman
    Ahh what the heck. I supose a can show what me and my family looks like

Attachment 83842
    adorable

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well.. cause I love Bittorrent

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Yeah, it's the real name. It used to be the ATG (Anti-trader group) but after a surge of violent crimes and blood baths, FST opted for a more pacific name.
    i could've sworn there was a sub-forum of this nature around fst a couple of years ago, but i couldn't remember the name. was that taken down or just changed to ttc?

in any case, here's the opener for my application:

i was born a poor black child . . .

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Hello,

this is my application for the TTC section. Before I introduce myself, let me say that I've been lurking Filesharingtalk since at least two years, even it's not my native language. It's a good resource for technical guides or just to read some general chatter. I registered just to take my chance and hope something good comes out of it. Even if I'm not allowed, maybe we can have a chat somewhere?

I'm a german tracker owner and am applying because there are two things I really appreciate and which are harder to find in my national torrent community than love in real life: Real trust and technical expertise. Anyway: I've been into sharing since I got my first computer when I was nine years old. Back then Hotline was the next big thing and most Servers for it were invite-only. I did a fair share with Hotline, mostly supporting other users with the local rules. Then came highschool and I started programming C and Perl (back then the webservice language of choice), thats when I got my first contact with some FTP folks. I didn't like their elitarian style, so I switched to BitTorrent antileech trackers where I've been actively coding since 2005. Now I'm studying computer science at a local university with security being my research interest.

But it's not the code or axx or something similar I'm seeking with this application. I'm really after nice chats nowadays, because thats what makes this whole thing fun: Meeting nice people you can trust and talk. If there is a special section where more open talks about torrent related topics or tracker steering can take place, that's a place I'd like to be. It's not always easy to take the right (programming-,social-,management-)decisions and a second view can help lots.

I read the posts of some others seeking all there is to know about p2p. I'd like to know more about myself and how others feel about themselves when running a tracker. There is not much cooperation in my community, I tried hard the last year to make german trackers more secure by providing security advisories and helping secure their databases where I could, but ultimately failed because of ignorance. Maybe someone can learn from what I did or I can, by how you do it here.

Personal I'm around my middle twenties, my hobbies have evolved from running thirteen servers in the supposed kitchen to Sports and Home Theater. Got a girlfriend thats backing me up when I need it and am looking forward to (well baby, hope you don't read that the coming two years ) marry her. I've not been the most nicest guy in the past, but have done all I could to improve the last five years. I deeply believe thats what life is about: Trying to improve oneself and try to be better. (Which StarTrek character said said? ).

If you can profit somehow by me posting or answering some of the questions in your TTC section, I'd be grateful.

Greets

EDIT1: Oops, I just re-read the first post just to be sure I don't miss anything. Why can I be trusted? First from an objective standpoint, because I don't gain anything by betrayal. My reason for applying is talking to people, that would not work without trust. From a subjective point of view it's my belief in trust itself. Trust is like a raw egg. Once broken, you can never fix it. Hope being honest is not seen negative here.

EDIT2: If you want links to my security project or my trackers, please lets find some private way to exchange them
    Last edited by acidrage; 08-23-2011 at 09:44 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by acidrage View Post
    I'm a german tracker owner
    Which one?

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    I'm applying here for TTC. If your are one of the decision makers, I can send a PM. Else I don't want to disclose this information. It scared me to hell to post this in a public forum, sorry :-)

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by acidrage View Post
    I'm applying here for TTC. If your are one of the decision makers, I can send a PM. Else I don't want to disclose this information. It scared me to hell to post this in a public forum, sorry :-)
    Fine. Send me a PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Before I submit my application and this is one very honest question: what would I gain from joining? apart from all the hate and bashing that traders would give to anyone who is classified as an Anti-trader?
    it's 11 pages so far and I still cant see the reason for joining such groups
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Hello Polarbear,

unfortunately I'm not old enough here to be able to send private messages. I could join some IRC or send mail, so we can continue this in private.

Hope privacy is not seen negatively

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast