Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Amd Athlon Xp-m 2800+

Double Agent
    k if everybody is like u, thinking software tracking is sooooo safe and efficient and accurate then it's BETTER just hand the thief ur laptop!!!!

the thing is ppl think it's good but in fact it's not. it gives ppl the false security when in fact it can be so easily countered.

to ignore that fact will be truely ignorant.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #52
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    You are putting words into my mouth. I never said anything about how efficient the systems are. I said they exist.

I will not get into a debate about this. I have asked you to not post about bypassing them. That's all.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #53
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@10 January 2004 - 09:50
    If it's stolen, it might have a device that could 'phone home' as soon as you connect to the internet.
    Intersesting you are telling others not to talk about a suject you brought into this post...

@Whoever pinging a MAC??
    Please that news to me.

@GPS useage
    Lets be serious this is just not cost effective yet to my knowledge, the stuff I have worked with involving GPS was rather pricey to be shoving in laptops for preventing theft, though it is possible.

Most companys that offer this HYPED security will be the ones that JBR speaks of, a bullshit sense of security, typical. Though as mentioned there are many dumb theives.

@Vitual
    You really need to relax I see nothing offensive in this post and I think if you really had you would have already done something or reported it, thus the request to drop it. Lets not forget what this board is about and what kind of moderation it is about. I do like the tone here and it is starting to look like other boards that can be quite annoying...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #54
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by REALITY@13 January 2004 - 01:11
    @Vitual
    You really need to relax I see nothing offensive in this post and I think if you really had you would have already done something or reported it, thus the request to drop it. Lets not forget what this board is about and what kind of moderation it is about. I do like the tone here and it is starting to look like other boards that can be quite annoying...
    I am relaxed. I have not censored or edited things here.

I'm just asking that the discussion doesn't go too far into bypassing these security features. I'm not even saying that it has reached that yet.

I have tried my best to say that but I feel that I'm misunderstood about it.

I think that trying to say anything about rules or avoiding problems just seems to rub some members the wrong way. And they lash out at me with the smallest comment I make.

My intention is to keep things running as smoothly as possible.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #55
    Double Agent
    smooth...very smooth...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #56
    If you guys want to talk to hackers (not to mention get ddl links for everything you can dream of), go register and join shareordie.com. It is one of the hottest forums out there.

Edit: you can't see all of the forums unless you register.

Man, as long as you get flashget, you can download everything direct. Who needs kazaa? Not me? DDL rulez!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #57
    BANNED
    Originally posted by REALITY@13 January 2004 - 00:11
    @Whoever pinging a MAC??
    Please that news to me.
    I said MAC Adress. I'm not talking about a Macintosh computer.

For you to understand better, this comes from Webopedia:

Short for Media Access Control address, a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. In IEEE 802 networks, the Data Link Control (DLC) layer of the OSI Reference Model is divided into two sublayers: the Logical Link Control (LLC) layer and the Media Access Control (MAC) layer. The MAC layer interfaces directly with the network media. Consequently, each different type of network media requires a different MAC layer.
    On networks that do not conform to the IEEE 802 standards but do conform to the OSI Reference Model, the node address is called the Data Link Control (DLC) address.
    Actually, XBOX's have a unique MAC Address for when they have XBOX Live service enabled.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #58
    Originally posted by DWk@13 January 2004 - 05:25
    I said MAC Adress. I'm not talking about a Macintosh computer.
    I am well aware of what a MAC is thank you, nor was I referring to a Macintosh, I am still unclear as to HOW you would ping it from outside, please explain and pay attention. The MAC could however identify the original owner of the computer if recovered, also if I am not mistaken cannot be changed in a computer though it can be changed or spoofed in an XBOX and or other devices such as routers. It seems the only way to trace the unit is it would have broadcast from within. Though if I am mistaken PLEASE explain...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456