Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Rotk Here!

Poster
    You don't need to join the 4 parts. You get better quality by keeping them seperate. You can use the TMPGEnc Wizard to encode each mpeg file. Help at http://www.dvdrhelp.com . After encoding you can auther and burn the DVD with other Software, I use Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Poster
    But see the problem is I don't know how to author and encode them. I have all 4 separate parts as mpegs and as bin and cue files. Could you please tell me the steps I need to watch this on my dvd. So far by messing around I used the merge and cut in tmpgenc to merge it into one file and now I am encoding it into an mpeg. Am I on the right track?

I think I know how to encode, the basics, so that shouldnt be hard. Are there any certain tweaks and options I need to include before i encode? Also I have Roxio easy cd adn DVD creator and nero 6. Can I author with these and if so what exactly do I have to do?

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Poster
    Also you said that i would get better quality if i left the 4 files separate, but in doing this will it still play through fluidly once i burn it onto a dvd or will it pause and then load the next part?

Oh and I forgot to mention that I would like to watch this on a 65inch widescreen television so would like to get it to look as good as I can. So what options do I need to tweak when I'm in the tmpgenc software? Thanks!

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    as i said http:www.dvdrhelp.com has all the answers for me. If you want better quality you can simply increase the bitrate on TMPGEnc. Easier link for you is http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgencdvd.htm which is a direct tutorial to convert to DVD. I don't know if you can authur with Roxio, but you can't with Nero. dvdrhelp also has info about that.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by browser@4 February 2004 - 09:34
    as i said http:www.dvdrhelp.com has all the answers for me. If you want better quality you can simply increase the bitrate on TMPGEnc. Easier link for you is http://www.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgencdvd.htm which is a direct tutorial to convert to DVD. I don't know if you can authur with Roxio, but you can't with Nero. dvdrhelp also has info about that.
    First Of All you won't get better quality from increasing the bit rate as its already been encoding to Mpeg

now heres exactly what i did

first of all get

Dreamon Tools

Mount the image for all 4 parts copy the DAT file from the MPEG folder in the bin and copy them to a folder called ROTK and rename each of the MPEGS ROTK disk 1 ROTK disk2 .etc.

now you have all 4 MPEGS extracted from eh 4 bins

now get yourself TMPGEnc Authorizer

Click on add and add each 4 parts disk 1 2 3 4 in order

(You can mess around with the chapter settings to if you like)

then click on Output

name a folder to save it in all called mine ROTK FULL DVD

click start

it Will take up to an hour to authorize

when its created all the VOB files and NFO files

open Nero

choose DVD Video

copy all the files it has created and put them in the video red folder and burn

your done!!

need anymore help i;m a PM away

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Originally posted by TITO@4 February 2004 - 08:35
    But see the problem is I don't know how to author and encode them. I have all 4 separate parts as mpegs and as bin and cue files. Could you please tell me the steps I need to watch this on my dvd. So far by messing around I used the merge and cut in tmpgenc to merge it into one file and now I am encoding it into an mpeg. Am I on the right track?

I think I know how to encode, the basics, so that shouldnt be hard. Are there any certain tweaks and options I need to include before i encode? Also I have Roxio easy cd adn DVD creator and nero 6. Can I author with these and if so what exactly do I have to do?
    Just read this now

DO NOT USE THE MERGE AND CUT FOR ROTK IN TMPGENE

it puts it out of sync trust me!!!!!

you do not need to encode it is already a mpeg file

you do not need to join them together to put on a dvdr

if you use TMPGEnc authorizer thats all you need for this movie

if it was a avi file yes you need to encode

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Poster
    Thanks for all of the help adster I really do appreciate it. I think I know what to do now from your directions. It seems I was using TMPGEnc not TMPGEnc DVD Authorizer so that should make a big difference. And If I having any questions, I know who to ask, thanks again!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12