Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download Movies

It was happening for a while but is much better now. I think it may have been because it was scanning my sharred files wich seems to take a lot of time and power.

The only problem now is that is uses lots of disk space, much more then the complete file would be when downloading, so I can only download a couple at a time.

But it is extremely fast and has files that I never found anywere else.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BANNED
    Originally posted by elkinm@22 February 2004 - 21:05
    It was happening for a while but is much better now. I think it may have been because it was scanning my sharred files wich seems to take a lot of time and power.

The only problem now is that is uses lots of disk space, much more then the complete file would be when downloading, so I can only download a couple at a time.

But it is extremely fast and has files that I never found anywere else.
    yes i keep telling everybody its great. any ways when hashing and analysing your files there will be some cpu usage but then it will drop once its done.

overnet creats the space for the file you are using so it knows you have enough space for the whole file. thats how it is, otherwise half way thru a file it would just stop.

clean your pc and open up some room or get a bigger hard drive, i realy don't know what to tell you

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Edonkey creates space for the entire file but overthenet uses the new part file method which creates many files as a result the files cannot be previewd, and it seems that the multple files take much more space then a single file does. edonkey2000 has an option to use old part files but not this program.

Is there any way to switch to the old part file format?

Thanks

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by elkinm@23 February 2004 - 02:36
    Edonkey creates space for the entire file but overthenet uses the new part file method which creates many files as a result the files cannot be previewd, and it seems that the multple files take much more space then a single file does. edonkey2000 has an option to use old part files but not this program.

Thanks
    Overnet does....

In options>advance click "old style part files"

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    Originally posted by elkinm@22 February 2004 - 22:36

Thanks
    who says it can't be previewed boss??? yes it can, i preview my movies with videolan all the time and with out changing format. and at the end there is not difference in the space taken, where are you geting this from???

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Greetings,

I m tryin to download couple of movies from overnet lite, but it seems dat it is takin forever.

It is still lookin for peeps to connect for more then 26 hours, and da download hasn't been even began.

BTW i m tryin to download:
    - Paycheck
    - Pirates of the Carribean

it's super duper slow!!!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    BANNED
    Originally posted by sameer0807@23 February 2004 - 00:45
    Greetings,

I m tryin to download couple of movies from overnet lite, but it seems dat it is takin forever.

It is still lookin for peeps to connect, and da download hasn't been even began.

BTW i m tryin to download:
    - Paycheck
    - Pirates of the Carribean

it's super duper slow!!!
    on the bottom left hand of overnet what does it say?? connected, open?? or something else.

what color is the bar for these downlaods??

who much are you sharing??

are you leaving overnet on??

what is your upload set too??

how many sources do you see in the transffer window??

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Greetings,

--on the bottom left hand of overnet what does it say?? connected, open?? or something else.
    It says connected and in the next box it says firewalled!!

--what color is the bar for these downlaods??
    It's all red.

--How much are you sharing??
    I m sharin nothin since this is my first time downloadin somethin from overnet lite. But i m sharin more then 200 files (music, movies, games, software) for kazza in its shared folder. (if that helps in anyway)

--what is your upload set too??
    How can i set that?? I hav no clue wat u mean by that.

--how many sources do you see in the transffer window??
    I see 110 sources.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    BANNED
    ok boss some thing is not right

first if the bar is red it means that the file is not available for downlaod (if it stays that way for more than 2 days to a week forget it)

but you say there is a 110 sources so that makes no sense, i will ask you again

these soruces you say are they in the search window or transffer window when you hit the "+" sign??

second what does it say after connected??? does it say open or firewalled or what??

third you never told me if you keep overnet on or if you keep turning it on and off.

fourth go to option>network and set the max upload/download and connections there

fifth go to the shared window and choose your "my shared folder" as a folder to share so that way you are shaing some files. the way overnet works is the more you share the less you stay in queued and that means you get your files faster

so look at this post answer my questions again and we will see what we got

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Greetings,

--these soruces you say are they in the search window or transffer window when you hit the "+" sign??
    These sources are in trasffer window, when i clicked em it only has one source for both the movies.

--second what does it say after connected??? does it say open or firewalled or what??
    It says firewalled.

I keep overnet lite ON 24/7.

When i selected My shared folder to share, then it says i m sharin 16 files.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast