Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's The Jerk

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by 4th gen@11 April 2004 - 23:01
    I think everyone needs to just calm down a little here. Let's step back and think about this situation. We're talking about Soulseek, it's just a program where people come to share music/files and have a little chat. It shouldn't be taken so bloody seriously. A few of us had a rather heated discussion today (myself, TC, Lamsey, WeeMouse, Blitz, FKDUP...) and at the end of it all, although a few of us took up contrary positions, we didn't end up falling out or not talking. Everyone should just calm down and think about the ethos of the program.

Either that or we can just get right down to flaming
    How is a noob supposed to know that?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:05
    LOL, 4th gen was in the room same time I was, he didn't give me any crap. And blitz was just plain cool to me. And then there's gutter who invited me there in the first place, cuz he saw I was a decent person who liked FST. BTW, I have 1.1 GBs, about 600 files shared. Sure there all OSTs, that's what I specialize in. It's my niche. Besides, even if I am "fair game", he could of been nicer.

Edit: I'm calm. Hell, I didn't even start this thread. calling FC was a jerk was fine by me. I didn't need a whole freaking thread about it.
    I was in the room, but I most likely wasn't actually at the computer

I share about 320GB of files, ~25000 of those files are mp3s
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by RGX@11 April 2004 - 22:07
    How is a noob supposed to know that?
    I never said they were supposed to know that. Also, Dwells was invited to the room, so the person who invited him could have thought about saying something...
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    320 GBs? What do you have, two 250 GB HDs set up with RAID? I sure as hell don't have that kind of money to be able to afford that kind of storage.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWells55@12 April 2004 - 00:00
    @FC: I don't feel I was in the wrong room. Not too many people were talking music in there anyways. I just like as being a good place to chat with people I know from FST. Video Games OSTs are what I like. I ripped my only one that wasn't lost or scratched up and I ripped it well, with a 320 CBR and using LAME. I tagged them, too. I download mostly OSTs because I can't hear them on the radio. Other music I'm fine with listening to on the radio. I'm not a big listener, I just enjoy occasionally cranking my 330 W surround sound systme in my room with the radio every now and then, and putting on an OST or too when I go to sleep. There's a difference between joking and beind rude and annoying. Besides, you spent a long time "joking", to n00bs (especially young n00bs) it can be annoying, possibly hurtful (go ahead, point and laugh). And yeah, I did tell you to go to hell, I wante dyou to leave me the hell alone and let me chat in peace.
    If you are talking about our room on Soulseek and not here then ....

I'm afraid it really is a case of, if you don't like it no-one is stopping you using the door, please close it behind you and thanks for visiting.

Like minded people set it up to share safely with people they knew. That's the way we like it. People fit in or feck off. It is not a problem for us. It was FC's idea and he set it up for us.

If it's about something that happened here, then the mods make the rules and enforce them. They will tell FC if he is out of order, not you.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    I do like it, people like blitz and gutter and summerlinda, and all the other people were nice to me. FC is the only who gave me any problems. I'll keep going there and chatting when I'm lonely/bored/up or downloading.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:10
    320 GBs? What do you have, two 250 GB HDs set up with RAID? I sure as hell don't have that kind of money to be able to afford that kind of storage.
    One 80, one 120 and one 250. No raid, and I'm planning on buying a 250 soon

Oh, I just read my post again and it looks like I'm just doing the "my cybercock is bigger than yours thing". It wasn't intended that way, just that the people in the room generally have a lot of mp3s

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by DWells55@11 April 2004 - 22:12
    I do like it, people like blitz and gutter and summerlinda, and all the other people were nice to me. FC is the only who gave me any problems. I'll keep going there and chatting when I'm lonely/bored/up or downloading.
    If you have a problem with anyone in a room there is an ignore option I believe, i use it for when Spider_dude tries to cyber with me.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    LOL at the cybercock thing. And as I use SoulSeek more, my mp3 collection will grow. I've only had it for a few days.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    See, I typed all that out and you all ignored me, so you're all Jerks

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast