Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvd Drive Problem

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    On mine I had to install the included PowerDVD software before it would play/read DVDs.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by muchspl2@18 July 2004 - 19:51
    maybe its busted, you coud try updating the firmware before you toss it out and get a newer one
    should get a dvdrw, can get a nec for about 60 bucks
    He's already got a dvd burner though.

I say just forget it. Maybe after formatting your computer it might strat working again, if not then just use your burner to play movies. no big deal.

btw, have you tried putting in a dvd then restart to see if it is then detected?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    muchspl2
    didn't read his sig, oh well use it for cdrs till it completely gives out, then get a new one

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    angel_of_death57
    Well tired to re-install PowerDVD nothing different. Tried putting the DVD in and restarting pc nothing different.

I would use the burner to read dvd's but its only 12x read not 16x like my DVD-ROM.

I could do a quick reformatt if i could bluddy find my CD's for it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    angel_of_death57
    Riht well i did a quick format and got a trojan doing it but AVG got rid of it. I hate that when you reformat and all microsoft updates go away.

So i will buy a new DVD-ROM, when i get it do i unistall and disconnectthe old one and put in new one and will windows xp automatically detect it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    ya just put the new one in and xp will detect it automatically.

might be better if u uninstall the old one from windows before removing it but i've never done that so it's not necessary.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    angel_of_death57
    I will see how it goes thanksfor all the help.

Getting a Samsung SD-616EEPB or the LG GDR-8163BL

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    If you like overclocking and playing with the hardware have a look around here at the liteon forum ..cdfreaks liteon forum...I have a sohw812s@sohw832s now all i need to do is find some DL media in Canada

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    angel_of_death57
    Originally posted by accat13@19 July 2004 - 21:13
    If you like overclocking and playing with the hardware have a look around here at the liteon forum ..cdfreaks liteon forum...I have a sohw812s@sohw832s now all i need to do is find some DL media in Canada
    Whats that got to do with anything of this thread ?????????????? nothing get lost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12