Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just A Thought.

TRshady
    Yeah, the ending was a bit crap and I was expecting the final scene to be him performing in a concert (like in the lose yourself) video but I reckon the fact that he actually won the rap battles meant he was going to go on. Great film though, I don't know how you can say he's a bad actor though.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by evisujedi@22 April 2003 - 04:02
    The whole point to the ending was to show that he wasnt some bad ass, and he would just go back to work and stop living in dreamworld but wait for his dreams to come to him not him chasing his dreams
    Hey hey, someone got the point! It would have been lame to end with him going on to mega-stardom, we know that bit already. It was Jimmy Smith's breakthrough, and it would have been worse for an all out happy hollywood ending.

Weren't those final battles enough?! The best bit of the film I thought, and a much more powerful ending than him making a music video - how exciting would that have been?

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    there will be a sequel
    in which he is making it big time with his lose yourself demo
    either that or he will make a new song
    and he will make it that way

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I will be very very surprised (and disappointed) if there is a sequel to 8 mile. I bet there's a lot of studio execs telling Eminem to make one, but despite what some people think he is not a sell out and won't be making a sequel just for the cash.

I don't think it'll happen. The ending of 8 mile wasn't like that to leave the path for a sequel, it just wasn't wrapped up in a neat little bow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12