Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Verifieddownloads.com Quick Guide

Originally posted by jetje@26 March 2003 - 22:34
    There were several topics about not able to dl from that site.
    Well Yorez kinda knew how to fix that. So i asked him to place the answers here, so that's why he's telling this.

So thnx Yorez for trying to explain, hope it will solve some peoples problems

but then again, you always can check the verifieds in here...
    It seems that if we could get in the habit of not posting snide and rude coments to people ,whether it is redundant or not, that post any help or information.

This kind of negative critism does not promote a welcoming environment.

BTW, I have had probs with that site also. Maybe if we replied some feedback to the Webmaster, the site might become more successful.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    I've been there many times and never once gotten a dat. I click on the links and keep getting sent back to the main page.

There's no way in bloody hell I'm cutting off my firewall just to get sig2dats to work. Any site or program that needs a firewall cut off to work makes me suspicious and I won't use it. The other verified sites don't need my security settings cut off so why does that one?

There are actually some dats on the site that I'd like to get, but as long as it's set up to not work with a firewall I won't be using it.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    it works for me

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Originally posted by Paul@26 March 2003 - 11:38
    Tip for the makers of that site:

Turn off referer checking. That way the site will work for people that use webfilters/firewalls too.
    Message sent to the makers of that site (since I know them kinda).

Thanks Paul, problem has been fixed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123