Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Share ratio

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    having a good ratio on a couple torrents, when your overall total ratio is around 0.100 makes you a bad guy, not worthy of getting invites

As i said in another thread, (What is a decent share ratio? I have read that it should be like 1 and a half...

I want to join a private tracker so making sure my share ratios are good would be a good start...

I have just reformatted my pc hence i have bad share ratios at the moment but i leave them going near on 24/7

btw...i have had d/l speeds of over 200 kb/s and upload of around 80k/bs if that is any help...)

i have just started downloading again so my share ratio is not like shit hot yet...

The idea of this thread Vargas is just to make sure i am heading in the right direction to get an invite, not have someone become judgemental on me and declare that i am a bad guy for having a bad share ratio.

Although, i do accept i did not make it 100% clear...as always...

One last thing, how can i find out my total share ratio?

Cheers, 3lions
    Last edited by threelions00; 07-24-2005 at 10:32 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    when i said bad guy, i was refering to what the private trackers will think of you, not you personally.

but back to the subject, you're downloading 10 times faster then youre uploading so your overall ratio is around 0.1, you need to upload as much, if not more then you download to have a good ratio (good guy in the eyes of the private tracker)

in other words: you will have to seed your torrents until each torrent has a ratio higher then 0.999 (on avarage)

as long as you keep seeding, and don't stop or remove torrents with a ratio below 1.000 (1:1) you should be OK
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-24-2005 at 10:39 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    when i said bad guy, i was refering to what the private trackers will think of you, not you personally.

but back to the subject, you're downloading 10 times faster then youre uploading so your overall ratio is around 0.1, you need to upload as much, if not more then you download to have a good ratio (good guy in the eyes of the private tracker)
    i know you didn't mean personally!

what i tend to do is download something like a game and then will not download a lot and just stick to uploading...trouble is, my internet connection has been cutting out a lot and so when i leave for work and then come back, it has cut out and so it has not been uploading as i would it to...

but hopefully i am heading in the right direction...

would you say that 1:1 ratio would be fine? or more?

Cheers Vargas

4. Lounge   -   #14
    One last thing Vargas....

what if i have a file that nobody is uploading and it keeps my share ratio low? that makes me look bad when i can do nothing about it...

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Retired
    seeding so many torrents doesn't work. it's better if you just seed a couple of torrents. (the once with only a few seeders)

you need to disable 'distributed DB' in Azureus if you want to use private torrent sites.

you can check the statics window of Azureus if you want to see how much you downloaded/uploaded to all trackers (and see what your overal ratio is)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-24-2005 at 10:50 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Retired
    /merged threads.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions00
    One last thing Vargas....

what if i have a file that nobody is uploading and it keeps my share ratio low? that makes me look bad when i can do nothing about it...
    well as long as your total uploaded data is greater then your downloaded data you're ok, but keep in mind that having a ratio of 2.00 on a 40MB torrent won't balance out having a 0.500 on a 700MB torrent, as you would still need to upload the 40MB one to a ratio of at least 7.75 to make your overall ratio 1.00

if i were you i would stick to public trackers, and leech away
    Last edited by Vargas; 07-24-2005 at 10:49 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Ok..my over all share ratio is 0.781

I will disable that feature and please could you define how many a few is because it is ranges from like 3 - 90...so should i leave on like 4 or 5 with 20 seeds or less? If that makes sense?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    that's the thing tho, i don't just 'leech'...

i try to go to different sites and upload torrents so that then hopefully more people have access and more seeds...eventually...i hope that it will be quicker in the long term but we will have to wait and see...

3lions

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by threelions00
    Ok..my over all share ratio is 0.781

I will disable that feature and please could you define how many a few is because it is ranges from like 3 - 90...so should i leave on like 4 or 5 with 20 seeds or less? If that makes sense?
    5 or 6 is good.

You should check the difference in seeders/leechers, if there are 40 seeders and 1000 leechers you should seed that one instead of one that has 5 seeders and 20 downloaders
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 07-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast