Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else totally FED UP of seedbox users?

MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    What about the freeleech trackers.

All no ratio trakers I m a member of still request a 1:1 ratio per torrent or, off course, 2-3 days total seeding time. And again we go back where we started, hard to seed 1:1.

A while ago I got in to bitseduce. I ve downloaded/seeded a couple of books an audiobook and a few other things. After 3 days my ratio was something like 0.0XX. Gutted. Asked a friend for help he offered my his sb, i ve only seeded one torrent (less than a gig, I dont know what it was, who cares?!?1?) and uploaded about 30 GB in a couple of days. Now my ratio was 15 something. And of course I ve quit seeding those other torrents, I couldnt see the point in doing it. Now I m asking: all you seedbox owners are doing the same? I hope not cause this is not the best way to help a tracker... not in my eyes anyway.

Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Well they ARE spending their money to help others, so the rest don't have to all reach 1:1. I'm happy with them getting their "superhero" rank while I don't spend a cent and get my content fast and without a requirement to seed all the way back. Win-win.
    I don't seem to be wearing the rose coloured glasses as you TrueSounds because I don't perceive the average seedbox owner as owning one in an effort to help others.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    lol @ rich ppl trying to piss off there parents

but yea real men dont use seedboxes

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    If you pay for torrents, then why not just pay for Newsgroups, stuff pre's sometimes earlier than torrents and sometimes a few minutes later (depeding on the tracker....example, GhostBusters The Video Game pre'd and then it got released on Usenet less than 5 mintues later.), your downloads will be twice as fast (if not maxed out) and best of all you don't have to upload (seed).
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 06-11-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    [center]

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Well they ARE spending their money to help others, so the rest don't have to all reach 1:1. I'm happy with them getting their "superhero" rank while I don't spend a cent and get my content fast and without a requirement to seed all the way back. Win-win.
    I don't seem to be wearing the rose coloured glasses as you TrueSounds because I don't perceive the average seedbox owner as owning one in an effort to help others.
    It's true, I bet tons of ppl abuse it and download anything with big filesizes on the no ratio trackers, and then dump them when the initial leechers die off for the next big torrent. They do this just to get l33t ranks. I just don't look at someone with a huge upload count and see them as any better than a regular user. Maybe just eliminating classes like BCG did is the next step in progression. I don't know though, I mean FTN just introduced some crazy high req for those new ranks. It's really not a big deal to me at the end of the day. Doesn't affect me at all.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 06-11-2009 at 10:48 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ovisan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    If any tracker im in and decides do limite uploads ill start to delete or just let it die period.
    Ya neva...

I bet yre one of there gheezas staring at the screen waiting for the latest torrent to come out o maximize yre seedbox speed... Do ya actually get to watch/listen/play/read the things you download/seed?? I bet not

I agree that seedboxes are all about speed but if there are 5-6 seeders per torrent you will easily get a decent download speed even is none of them uses a seedbox.

Anyway this is one of them who was first chicken or the egg threads. One thing is clear: seedbox owners make it harder for the rest of us to seed 1:1.
    Dont DL music, games or books.

Just movies and tv series, unless im asked to get some.
    Now of what i DL i watch about 75%, the rest i store it.

I only wait for torrents when tv season is up...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    What about the freeleech trackers.

My only bone of contention is that requirements for higher user classes are still based on upload.
    Any idiot with a seedbox can make the highest userclass and still contribute next to nothing to the site(speaking from experience).
    If you are going by such stats why not make progression dependent on download instead( as long as you are >1 of course).That at least takes away the advantage of speed over activity.
    The problem is with basing it on download, someone may just download 1 huge pack, or 10 360 games, or 1000 NDS games. what i am trying to say is, just because someone has downloaded 60 gig it may just be 1 torrent, or it could be 10, or it could be 1000 torrents.

so download doesnt really take into activity either, even though it is a bit better than just upload, but its not the ideal solution imho. but then i dont know what is lol
    Last edited by stoi; 06-12-2009 at 01:06 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    The real source of the problem is that while speeds have increased the thinking of the people running trackers hasn't adapted to reflect that change.

This.

A 10 mbps connection is introduced in the tracker which can upload as much as 10-40 normal users, and things become worse. Whose fault do you think it is?
    Can it ever hurt having a seedbox seed on public trackers?
    Last edited by camicio; 06-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    If you pay for torrents, then why not just pay for Newsgroups, stuff pre's sometimes earlier than torrents and sometimes a few minutes later (depeding on the tracker....example, GhostBusters The Video Game pre'd and then it got released on Usenet less than 5 mintues later.), your downloads will be twice as fast (if not maxed out) and best of all you don't have to upload (seed).
    I'm guessing because there's no e-penis involved with newsgroups, and that must be a huge turn off to a lot of bittorrent users. These types would rather pay twice the money or more to rent a server and get soopa 1337 ratios on their tracker accounts.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Seedboxes help and do not help the BT community. Fact.

firstly, I agree with the OP. Giving away invites at other forums and occasionally here, I get profile links/ratio proofs you wouldn't believe. Just how many people are there at TL with more than 1TL uploaded?!
    I've seen a lot of 15-17 or so year olds, with 2-3 seedboxes going at it at TL. It seems to be some sort of magical path to the harder toget trackers. You buy 2 seedboxes, you beg for a TL invite, you buffer up your newly required account and then start begging for harder to get sites. Maybe if you don't get there quick enough you start trading....
    Of course we all know what seedboxes do for a normal user (me). It's harder to seed (but only on a few sites it's impossible to keep a ratio without one), thus you're actually afraid of downloading stuff. And that's very far away from the spirit of file sharing. Also, seeding to someone, who's obviously using a seedbox just doesn't feel right to me.

The good side of seedboxes, however, is the speed you get. I don't have to pay anything to get a TV pack from ScT/SCC at full speed. The best thing is that these packs are freeleech and that they're well seeded allmost without exeptions. I tend to miss a lot of great TV shows so this is where I really benefit from seedboxes, again without paying a dime. This I appreciate.

To the people applying for FSC / molesting the staff, lol: do some research. I know very little about the site, but from what I've gathered here (and I haven't been asking about FSC, it just comes up during discussions) FSC is community driven. The fact that you have 5 seedboxes and are willing to donate may be OK, but don't expect them to invite you just because of that. You'll get there if your personality, etc. ( tbh, I don't know what they're looking for in a member, I'm speculating) is the right one.

to conclude, reading is a virtue.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast