Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent Research

Hello.

I am currently finishing a postgraduate course in Library and Information Management at Manchester Metropolitan University (in the UK).

My dissertation topic is on the information retrieval needs of bittorrent users - what methods there are available, how they are used and what information (metadata) is important in finding and selecting torrent files.

To this end I've created an online questionnaire for bittorrent users to complete.

-I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could spare 5-10 minutes to complete it.
    It's at this address:

http://www.questionpro.com/akira/TakeSurvey?id=513391

It should be noted that this questionnaire does NOT deal with copyright or intellectual property issues. Although these are no doubt important this study is primarily concerned with the 'how' of locating torrent information as opposed to the 'what' or 'why'.

Also, no information which can be used to identify persons (IPs or email addresses) is asked for or otherwise stored by participating in this survey.

Please feel free to voice any concerns or give feedback regarding the questionnaire - I'll try and answer them as best I can. I'll also post a link on this forum to the statistics and final report once its finished.

Thanks for reading,

kjd.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    i completed the survey
    only took about 5 minutes
    i must say its very professionally done, and i found the questions very relevant, and well thought out.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Punjabi
    very well thought out survey, everyone shud complete this and help out kjd

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    Just finished taking it, not time consuming at all, very good questions. The best of luck on your dissertation!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I took it, hope it helps you out!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ITS ALL IN THE MUSIC
    am on it right now

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ITS ALL IN THE MUSIC
    wow that was interesting. i gotta askk , wa it the website questionpro that u used in creating the questionnaire.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i already took it man, luck with your graduation...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Ah, so you go to Man Met yeah??? May just pop in to read your dissertation when you've finished it

I found the questionnaire quite enjoyable and as said above, professionally done and relevant. Was quite different too.

Good luck mate on your dissertation.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Not a bad little survey when your finished with your disertation you should post a link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast