Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Thread: Israeli Ambassador

Poster
    The Israeli public elected Barak who offered the Palestinians enough to get a final settlement. Before you start blabbering about canotons, go read about the Taba agreement that Arafat claimed was a humiliation, only to say 18 months later say "I am prepared to accept it, absolutely"
    This contradicts what I said ... how exactly? Between the two dates Arafat has shifted on the right of return (as have the Arab League) and is prepared to compromise. Where are Isreal's compromises 'in return?

In 1996, the Israeli public was set to elect the voice of the Left, Shimon Peres as he led right-wing Netanyahu by 20% just 2 months before the election. Hamas and Islamic Jihad bombed buses and restaurants non-stop for those last two months while Arafat sat on his ass and watched. Peres' support dropped with each bombing until Netanyahu pulled out a victory by less than 1%.
    The IRA used to do the same here in elections. You are going to let Hamas and other terrorists appropriate the peace process? The reason Arafat "sat on his ass" is beacause he is ringed by the IDF who refuse to let him travel and even have communications with the outside world. Any attempt at reconstruction is destroyed by the IDF. Incidently, I don't regard Arafat as some Messiah figure. He is the elected leader of the palestinians - no more no less. He is like politicians everywhere, and far from perfect.

If only Arafat realized (cared) how much he affects Israeli elections.
    You mean Hamas and how much Sharon and others let them dictate events. Remember you are talking to someone from a country with long experience of terrorism.

Israel hardly has a patent on PM assasinations. Anwar Sadat was killed by his own troops after he made peace with Israel and got back the entire Sinai 
    I agree, your point is? Again you bring Egypt and others into a discussion of the palestinians.

Read the Oslo Accord. Israel supplied the Palestnian police force with 20 000 rifles to use in order to provide order and security to the areas that Israel departed from.
    I said help of any note. Adding 20000 guns to an unstable region is not exactly helpful. Try not demolishing police stations, shooting policemen, and the rest of the box of tricks used by the IDF to stop a palestinians infrastructure.

Israel did not start targetting the PA police infrastructure until a full year had passed in the current intifadah.
    Isreal has always targetted any signs of the formation of a viable palestinian state. That includes the security forces such as police. For further evidence, see what happened to the equipment provided by the EU.

You keep saying "current intifada" btw. Why are you atetmpting to split into small parts a resistance movement that has being on since 1948? Do you have seperate names for different eras of resistance in France?

You'll also notice the Btselem stats for number dead jump in 2002 once Palestinian police became neck-deep into the attacks
    The spike is due to numerous IDF raids on heavily populated towns and refugee camps.

You quote the Oslo accords and demand that the palestinians abide by them, but why don't the Isreali's? Do you criticise them for not complying either?

The Article you quote is violated by Isreal daily - Both sides shall take all measures necessary in order to prevent acts of terrorism, crime and hostilities directed against each other, against individuals falling under the other's authority and against their property, and shall take legal measures against offenders.

There are no convictions for the mass punishments and the home demolitions never mind the murders by the IDF. Even for foreigners all you might get is a negligance charge and not even man slaughter for shooting an unarmed man holding a child in the head.

In March 1994, the Israeli cabinet immediately declared Kahane Chai and Kach "terrorist organizations" and made them illegal.
    Arafat has condemned bombings by Hamas as terrorism too and he would dearly love to close it down if he could. Point is he can't when the IDF has him under house arrest without communications and bombs his police. Any politician would love to remove his political opponents, Arafat is no different. Why do you hold a whole people responsible for the terrorism of a few, when the same law could be applied to Isreal? Should we all judge Israel by Kach? If not then we should not judge all palestinians by Hamas.

We're still waiting for Arafat to declare Hamas or Islamic Jihad or PLFP or any other terrorist group "illegal".
    He has called bombing terrorism many times, he just can't do anything to stop them. Apart from the reasons outlined above, due to PLO weakness Hamas has become one of the main sources of education and aid to many palestinians and has been allowed to become a de facto political party due to the IDF caused chaos in the occupied territories.

The only reason that Sharon was elected is the same reason that Netanyahu was elected. Palestinians always seem to step up the bombings when Israelis are given a choice between the Left and Right wing leader.
    If you keep saying "palestinians" when you mean Hamas etc I will be forced to refer to all Isreali's as Kach supporters and ethnic cleansers who approve of mass murder. Deal?

If you can't leave your racism at the door there is no point discussing anything with you as your hate overrides any logic.

And if you don't believe that Arafat planned the intifadah, listen to his Communications Minister, Imad Al-Faluji, who is very open about it
    Care to provide the rest of that quote? Thought not, so I will.

The leadership had invested all of its efforts in political and diplomatic channels in order to fix the flaws in the negotiations and the peace process, but to no avail. It encountered Israeli stubbornness and continuous renunciation of the (Palestinian) rights

So they prepared to continue the struggle if the US failed to pressure Isreal. Sounds fair enough to me.

Your water article was written by this guy at this site
    For the last time, no it wasn't. Here's a clue - the original data is from a human rights group.

You say that he referenced UN documents for his facts. I pointed out that he lists his sources as ....
    Nope, I said the site (note, not page) I got the info from has UN docs, govt reports, independant reports etc. So please, for the sake of your dignity, stop lying about what I said when anyone can check my posts and find out the truth.

If those are your source's sources, you've got a problem.
    Heh nope, you have though as you have no idea where the data comes from.

This offer by the Arab League goes further than UN 242. It calls for return of "all the territories". 242 does not.
    You have already posted the manipulations that went into the wording of the UN document by the US and others under Isreali influence. Under international law, they have to return all the land as it was taken in a war of conquest. Kind of like Kuwait, Poland, France etc. They have also dropped the demand for a right of return in order to make compromises acceptable to the Isreali's.

your quote "The arab states however have all recognised Isreals right to exist" is not true. It has been offered as part of this agreement and has always been the basis of all negotiations. It has not occured, contrary to whatever you say.
    If the Isreali's got out of the occupied territories, as demanded by the UN and law, then they would get recognition. The Arabs are just complying with the UN, why aren't the Isreali's? On anything? The recognition is there, pending Isreal returning to the fold of civilised nations. Until then, recognition is moot as Isreal is in the same category as many rogue nations not recognised by the world in part or whole.

The offer is there though, peace on the terms of 242, with the palestinians giving up a major legal right. Why are you not pushing for Isreali acceptance?

You are the one that claimed that there is some sort of racism because the % of Arab parliamentary members is only half the % of Israeli citizenship.
    No that was you who mentioned the %, I just commented that it was half of the actual % of palestinians in the population as an aside. I have pointed out that apartheid is not a factor of suffrage or representation alone. I even gave you a link to the UN site with the specific definition. Try reading this instead of the dictionary, you will find it much more informative.

Here is Article II - For the purpose of the present Convention, the term "the crime of apartheid", which shall include similar policies and practices of racial segregation and discrimination as practised in southern Africa, shall apply to the following inhuman acts committed for the purpose of establishing and maintaining domination by one racial group of persons over any other racial group of persons and systematically oppressing them:

(a) Denial to a member or members of a racial group or groups of the right to life and liberty of person:

(i) By murder of members of a racial group or groups;

(ii) By the infliction upon the members of a racial group or groups of serious bodily or mental harm, by the infringement of their freedom or dignity, or by subjecting them to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment;

(iii) By arbitrary arrest and illegal imprisonment of the members of a racial group or groups;

(B) Deliberate imposition on a racial group or groups of living conditions calculated to cause its or their physical destruction in whole or in part;

© Any legislative measures and other measures calculated to prevent a racial group or groups from participation in the political, social, economic and cultural life of the country and the deliberate creation of conditions preventing the full development of such a group or groups, in particular by denying to members of a racial group or groups basic human rights and freedoms, including the right to work, the right to form recognized trade unions, the right to education, the right to leave and to return to their country, the right to a nationality, the right to freedom of movement and residence, the right to freedom of opinion and expression, and the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association;

d) Any measures including legislative measures, designed to divide the population along racial lines by the creation of separate reserves and ghettos for the members of a racial group or groups, the prohibition of mixed marriages among members of various racial groups, the expropriation of landed property belonging to a racial group or groups or to members thereof;

(e) Exploitation of the labour of the members of a racial group or groups, in particular by submitting them to forced labour;

(f) Persecution of organizations and persons, by depriving them of fundamental rights and freedoms, because they oppose apartheid

Israel violates these daily.

The problem is that you didn't address my point. It's children that the PA bring to the front lines, while militants fire over their heeads
    I did address that, read my posts rather than skimming please.

Israelis enter the army at 18, not 17. Keep your facts straights
    If the IDF is anything like the UK army for eg, you can join slightly before the stated min age for training purposes etc. Still, that extra day makes all the difference does it?

Excuse me, but your the one who likened the Palestinian towns to WWII ghettos, either in this thread or the other
    You misunderstand me, I am referring to such quotes from you as "remember why Isreal was founded", the endless accusations of anti semitism, and the use of the Holocaust as a bargaining chip by Isreali politicians.

Yeah, I kinda figured that you were lying about 4500 Palestinian and 480 Israelis dead. That's why I asked
    Your proof is where? The Btselem site (which is down right now so I doubt you checked the site since I posted) lists the dead as 4500 and 480. Unless of course you are using a different date arbitrarily. From what date are you counting?

You used Btselem's figure for Israeli civilians only but their number for TOTAL Palestinians killed. The problem with Btselem's numbers are that they categorize any non-uniformed person killed as civilian. The vast majority of Palestinian combatants are not uniformed.
    This matters how? I said palestinian civilians, I count resistance fighters as those civilians. Whether you do or not is irrelavent to the death count. Get out of their land and those civilians wouldn't need to be fighting. Regardless, the vast majority are not connected to armed groups in any way and are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyways, Btselems latest numbers are:
    Ah "latest". From when to when? A link to the Btselem page where you got the info would be good. I think you are probably referring to the dates 2000 to 2003, where the figures are 2700 dead and 25000 injured. Why are you only starting then? People were dying before that time.

I believe that he's referring to Jordan and Lebanon. Jordan killed up to 30 000 Palestinians in one month in 1970, but of course there was no covenant to destroy Jordan and no UN resolution condemning Jordan.
    You believe? You mean you have no idea if it's true or not. Even the most rabid zionist site I could find listed the number as 10000 maximun casualties total on both sides.

The 1967 war led to a dramatic increase in the number of Palestinians living in Jordan. Its Palestinian refugee population -- 700,000 in 1966 -- grew by another 300,000 from the West Bank. The period following the 1967 war saw an upsurge in the power and importance of Palestinian resistance in Jordan. The heavily armed fedayeen constituted a growing threat to the sovereignty and security of the Hashemite state, and open fighting erupted in June 1970. Isreali raids on Jordan in revenge for attacks launched from Jordanian land were also a motivation to remove the fedayeen.

Other Arab governments attempted to work out a peaceful solution, but by September, continuing fedayeen actions in Jordan -- including the destruction of three international airliners hijacked and held in the desert east of Amman -- prompted the government to take action to regain control over its territory and population. In the ensuing heavy fighting, a Syrian tank force took up positions in northern Jordan to support the fedayeen but was forced to retreat. By September 22, Arab foreign ministers meeting at Cairo had arranged a cease-fire beginning the following day. Sporadic violence continued, however, until Jordanian forces won a decisive victory over the fedayeen in July 1971, expelling them from the country.

So Isreal stirred up the region by annexing the occupied territories and expelling 300000 extra refugee's that were beyond the capacity of Jordan to cope. The resulting power struggles with palestinian terrorist/resistance elements forced Jordan to expel them. They had no duty to do nothing and watch Hamas etc take over their country. They did (and still do) however house refugees that are not part of armed groups.

WRT Lebanon, you'll recall that although Sharon was found to be indirectly responsible (he should've known better), it was the Lebanese Christians who were responsible for Sabra and Shatilla
    The massacres began on September 17, 1982, following a negotiated settlement whereby the PLO agreed to withdraw from Lebanon in return for U.S. guarantees for the safety of "law abiding Palestinian non-combatants left behind in Beirut." However, after the PLO evacuation (and the withdrawal of the multinational force that supervised the evacuation), the Israeli army encircled the camps of Beirut and allowed its allied right-wing Lebanese militia forces access to Sabra and Shatila. At the end of 48 hours, they left at least 1,500 people dead. The Israeli army looked on from the camp perimeter and provided logistical support to the assailants.

Do you think Isreali would have sacked him if there wasn't good evidence of the IDF's involvement? This is the country that does not prosecute soldiers for killing children and pensioners.

Wrong. See Taba. See Arafat's statement 18 months later that he'd accept it then
    Look, I know it's hard for Zionists to accept compromises in the name of peace but Arafat agreed only after he dropped the right of return issue - something he is not popular among palestinians for. He made the compromise, where are the Isreali compromises?

The map you provide just proves the point even further, with scores of settlements left in the proposed Palestinian land with each having a secure supply corridor. Meaning the IDF controlling huge part of the land. Also bear in mind that the settlements are all built on the best land with hugely better water supplies.

It is impossible to know how many and which ones were kicked out and which left on their own in order to allow for conquering Arab armies
    Anyone who can prove residence at that time, or who's family can prove residence at that time. Why they left is irrelavent, they left due to wars between other nations that have nothing to do with them. Palestinians are not Jordanian, Egyptian or Syrian. They are the original occupiers of the land, along with jews, chrisitians, etc.

Up to 800,000 Jews were kicked out of fled from Arab countries around the same time. There is no going back for them.
    800000? Where did you get that figure from? Same place as the 30000 no doubt. Either way, they have the right of return too and they also have a country called Isreal to go to that was created specifically for jews. You seem to be under the illusion I am some fanatical supporter of every arab nation in the region. Well I'm not, and would argue for the jewish right of return as much as the palestinian one.

the same for Israel. It would double their population.
    Refugees in transit are not the same as people returning to the land that is rightfully theirs. Isreal kicked them out and encouraged immigration from all over the world to fill up the areas vacated. It is for the Isreali's to deal with it's agression and it's consequences, not Jordan or anyone else. Isreali jews would probably have to accept lower standards of living, but frankly tough. Shouldn't sieze other people's land in the search for leibensraum then fill it with immigrants while you rely on the US to bolster your economy and military. Speaking of economy, that is where the palestinians have a hope. Isreal cannot afford more years of resistance by the palestinians, especially if the US cuts funding due to law and human rights violations.

Again, see the UN's Convention on the Territorial Sea and Contiguous Zone. Egypt blocked Israeli access to oil and ordered the UN out of peacekeeping buffer zone. Egypt signed a defense agreement with Jordan. You bet Israel would strike first.
    The UN passed a resolution demanding free sea access and the return of the land. The free access is there, why is the land still occupied? On a side note, are you saying that the UK should invade Eire if Eire signs a defence agreement with France?

Israel, however, did not strike first against Jordan and even told Hussein that they will not open that front if Jordan sayed out. Jordan struck first and created the occupied territory problem. If Jordan had not struck first, the West Bank would be a Palestinian state.
    Don't be stupid, this war was in 1967 - 20 years after the palestinian state should have been established. If Jordan hadn't invaded and provided Isreal with a pretext, the land would most likely now be in the same position as southern Lebanon or Gaza. An IDF free fire zone and self declared "security zone". You are also incorrect on the facts of the matter. Jordan had signed a defence pact with Egypt that was activated when Isreal attacked. Same as when the UK declared war on Germany due to the UK's Polish defence pact.

It was in their hand, but 5 Arab countries decided to try and take the whole pie instead
    There you go again, we are talking about palestinian rights not the rights of Egyptians, Syrians, etc. Stick to the subject please. I condemn the prevarications by those countries too.

Nothing prevented a Palestinian country being created in the West Bank from 1948-1967, though. Why wasn't it?
    Political adventurism on all sides (arab and Isreali) but not from any lack of will by the palestinians themselves. Why do you repeatedly hold the palestinians responsible for the actions of others?

The person who started that rumour was a Brazilian university student who posted it on... guess where... indymedia! Of course, it spread like wildfire among those who believe any anti-Israel junk that is spewed. I'm not surprised that you believed it too
    I said apparently, never said it was gospel. Your link doesn't work btw so can't comment on that. I have heard people both for and against the whether it was fake. I also said that I know some palestinians celebrated it, and told you why. It's because the US finances the army and country that oppresses them.

So why name Israel as the occupying force and not Jordan, who were occupying the West Bank or Egypt, who were occupying Gaza?
    Isreal occupied land pre 67 meant for the palestinians in the original UN resolution. I would also debate the issue with any Jordanian or Egyptian who wants to comment, but it seems there is only the pro Isreal people prepared to attempt a defence. Again you make the mistake of assuming I am pro Syria/Egypt/whoever.

You know, this is silly. Neither will convince the other. Do I believe that Israel is 100% correct? No. But put in the situation in which it finds itself, I think it's done about as expected. Israelis, contrary to what you might think are not inherently evil and neither are Palestinians.
    I agree, so we shouldn't let extremists on both sides dictate the agenda. The Arab League has offered an equitable peace agreement but Isreal refuses to respond. If you are Isreali, press for it's acceptance. Or maybe for the recent plan brokered in Europe.

I disagree with your defence of Isreali actions of course. There is no excuse for the oppression inflicted on the palestinians.

Already, more Iraqi civilians have been killed in the past year than Palestinians in the 3 years. So if Israel is targetting civilians, what the hell are Americans doing? Taking better aim?
    Iraq is a war zone, the occupied territories are a process of attrition to occupy land over a long period. There is little comparison. If the Isreali's set up a puppet admin over a new palestinian state, it would be more comparable.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #112
    Is semantics your last defense?

1) So you now have stopped arguing that Arafat was not provided with a strong police force. If Israel didn't arm the Pal police you'd complain that they weren't serious about giving them the ability to fight Hamas. Now that you see that Israel did arm them, it's unhelpful to provide the Pal police firearms.

From 1993 to 2001, the Pal police was stable, armed, and had a solid infrastructure that was unimpeded to act. Arafat was free to roam and act as leader. He sat on his ass instead and watched Hamas.

Oslo called for disamament of anybody not in the police force. He ignored it for 8 years before Israel finally targeted Arafat's police infrastructure.

Deal.

If Arafat would clearly love to shut down Hamas as you say, why the fuck didn't he?? Why not call Hamas and Islamic Jihad "illegal", as Israel immediately did wrt Kahane Chai after one single terrorist act!

2)
    If you keep saying "palestinians" when you mean Hamas etc I will be forced to refer to all Isreali's as Kach supporters and ethnic cleansers who approve of mass murder. Deal?

When a majority of Israelis start supporting Kahane Chai's actions, I'll be glad to link the two together. With most Palestinians supporting Hamas' suicide bombs, I'll refer to the bombings as being Palestninan. Just like how you would refer to IDF actions as Israeli. Deal?

3) WRT Imad Al-Faluji's quote.

So they prepared to continue the struggle if the US failed to pressure Isreal. Sounds fair enough to me.
    So you'll admit that Arafat purposely started the intifadah but you need to add "only because of Israeli & American stubborness". Unreal.

Here's a clue. If you are in good faith peace negotiations, you do not plan a war to use a counter point. That is not good faith. Arafat did not like the Camp David agreement but did not even provide a counter-view. He picked up and left and started a war in which his cowardly police rounded up kids and brought them to the front lines tothrow rocks & molotov cocktails while his police stood in the back and fired.

You condone this? Unreal.

4)
    Nope, I said the site (note, not page) I got the info from has UN docs, For the last time, no it wasn't. Here's a clue - the original data is from a human rights group.
    With all due respect, who cares what the site has? You copied an article that uses extremely biased sources as its references.

Post a link to your water article.

Here's where your article was found.

http://desip.igc.org/TheftOfWater.html

Please point out the UN references. Thanks.

5) The territories are not annexed. Israeli law does not apply there as long as there is war. Just as UK & US troops do not treat Iraqis as citizens of their own nations. Arabs within Israel are equals and protected as such by Israeli law. As long as violence continues, everyone in the territories is in a bad situation but Israel does not practice apartheid as described here. When there is no violence, Israel withdraws and allows the PA to take over rule. Israel wants no part of rule over the Palestinians and has been trying to unload the burden for many years, in contrast to South Africa.

The fact that you need to use that as partof your argument displays its weakness. Just as you need to use phrases like "Jewish owned media".

6)
    The Arabs are just complying with the UN, why aren't the Isreali's?
    As pointed out, the Arab "offer" demands more from Israel than UN 242. Sorry bud.

You did state that the Arab countries have recognized Israel. Now you say that they offered recognition and are thus compliance with 242. By the same logic, Israel is also in compliance since they have returned "territories", Sinai.

Stop backing up on your words.

6) Your proof is where? The Btselem site (which is down right now so I doubt you checked the site since I posted) lists the dead as 4500 and 480. Unless of course you are using a different date arbitrarily. From what date are you counting?

Dude, google has a cached version of all websites. My stats are 2004 from Btselem.

7)
    I count resistance fighters as those civilians.
    Sad, really.

8) I love the way you explain Black September. So pleasant. If you want to put the number at 10 000 dead Palestinians, fine.

"They had no duty to do nothing and watch Hamas etc take over their country."

Sure. Condone the mass murder of 10 000 Palestinians. But Israel is supposed to stand by and watch as Hamas etc kills civilians in Israel and vows to continue until Israel is no more.

9)
    Don't be stupid, this war was in 1967 - 20 years after the palestinian state should have been established. If Jordan hadn't invaded and provided Isreal with a pretext, the land would most likely now be in the same position as southern Lebanon or Gaza.
    Oh? How so?

So you now admit that Jordan invaded Israel through the West Bank. At least we're getting somewhere.

10)
    He made the compromise, where are the Isreali compromises?
    If Taba was acceptable, he waited a bit too long to decide. 18 months?

WRT the Taba map. Those setlements are existing settlements that would be gone or part of sovereign Pal territory. Have another look.

11) Pals celebrating 9/11.
    I said apparently, never said it was gospel. Your link doesn't work btw so can't comment on that. I have heard people both for and against the whether it was fake
    Why not research it before using it in an argument?

Snopes seems to be down too but here's the cached version:

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:K9fOL...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Anyways, like I said before. This is tiring. You're now at the point where you're backtacking and changing your story. "I never said it was true, I said 'apparently'... I never said the article I copied used UN documents as sources, I said the website has some". First, it's "Arafat's police wasn't strong", then it's "too many guns supplied to Araft's police". First it's "Israel started the 1967 war", then it's "Jordan struck because blah blah".

Yes, the UN called for free passage of Israei ships. Too bad Egypt didn't give it. They blocked Israeli passage to oil, forced UN peacekeeping troops out, signed defense treaties with neighbouring Israeli enemies, and Nasser screamed about how prepared he was for war where he would "throw the Jews into the sea."

Of course, you find a way to fault Israel for a pre-emptive strike against Egypt. At least you'll now admit that jordan opened the West Bank front. At least.

Whatever. Again, if you want to find common ground, lemme know. If you want to argue semantics, find someone else. I'm gonna listen to hobbes' advice.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #113
    BANNED
    When there is no violence, Israel withdraws and allows the PA to take over rule. Israel wants no part of rule over the Palestinians and has been trying to unload the burden for many years, in contrast to South Africa.
    This is the biggest load of shit yet! When did they withdraw?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #114
    This is the biggest load of shit yet!  When did they withdraw? 
    Are you for real?

"Israel has reoccupied the West Bank since June 2002"

http://www.islamonline.net/English/News/20...article21.shtml

"Hebron became the seventh of eight main West Bank towns and cities on Tuesday to come under the re-occupation of the Israeli military, which re-entered the Palestinian territories last week when two suicide bombings in Jerusalem killed 26 Israelis."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Sto...745200,00.html

"For the first time since the implementation of the Oslo accords in 1994, Israeli forces reentered Palestinian territory."

http://www.freedomhouse.org/research/freew...anauthority.htm

"Despite American criticism, Israel on Wednesday briefly re-entered the Gaza Strip and leveled a Palestinian police station on territory granted to Yasser Arafat 's government in peace agreements."

http://www.ain-al-yaqeen.com/issues/...27/feat9en.htm

"Israel reoccupied a portion of the Gaza strip"

http://www.arabicnews.com/ansub/Daily/Day/...2001041726.html

"One month after Israel reoccupied villages and towns in the West Bank"

http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGMD...open&of=ENG-ISR

"Israel re-occupied the Palestinian territories"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/worl...view/israel.stm

"King demands Israel withdraw troops from reoccupied areas"

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/04012002001.htm

"Israel reoccupied the Palestinian territories"

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ED8...9274D510D99.htm

Let me know if you need any more, ok?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #115
    BANNED
    Withdrawing means getting the fuck out! Moving the settlers and returning the 46% of the West Bank you occupy. It does not mean pulling the IDF back a few K's! When will you people understand?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #116
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@8 February 2004 - 08:47
    Withdrawing means getting the fuck out! Moving the settlers and returning the 46% of the West Bank you occupy. It does not mean pulling the IDF back a few K's! When will you people understand?
    Considering that the whole area is just a few km's, your scenario doesn't hold water.

As for when they will get the fuck out completely, the answer is when Arafat shows that he will take charge and not allow free reign to those who will continue with their terrorism against Israel. They withdrew completly from more than half the territories, put Arafat in charge in more than that and ended up with more suicide bombings than before. Not a good showing.

Pretty simple, actually.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #117
    BANNED
    Originally posted by putty@8 February 2004 - 18:16
    Pretty simple, actually.
    Yeah, for a bunch of child murderers, house demolishers, and illegal settlers. What's your excuse?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #118
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by putty@8 February 2004 - 09:16
    They withdrew completly from more than half the territories, put Arafat in charge in more than that and ended up with more suicide bombings than before. Not a good showing.

The terrorism deminished during the slow withdrawal of the Israelis and the establishment of a Palestinian Authority (no one can stop them all, i do not think Arafat is a superman even if you do...he did condemn publicly, terrorist actions when they occurred)

The establishment of a country is not, as you seem to think, an overnight process.

The current violence flared when Sharon stopped, unilaterally, the above process...this is also when the popularity of Hamas started to rise over the PLO. Im not surprised...they were finally getting a country, and then those hopes were dashed...if id been there i would have been more than a little miffed, to say the least.

The bombings will increase at election time, as the terrorists do not want peace....Hamas is a religious fundamentalist organisation, peace in the area would deminish its recruitement and overall aim.

Arafat on the other hand requires peace..PLO is a nationalist organisation.... and he makes more money with peace than with unrest..see, I know he is no saint...he skims $100,000's from the palestinians, im sure...

The Arab population as a whole, in various countries, have their own beliefs and so do their leaders...usually the media therefore reports a trade-off in those countries. I could well believe that they do not really want peace in the area, at the same time as paying lip service to it...hence "reports" designed to push the Israeli electorate to the Right.

The fact that directing the emotions of the populations towards Israel also keeps them from looking at their own leadership is also a bonus....

Sharon is a War Criminal, pure and simple.

You may wish to see the evidence that was collected for the Belgium Trial before it was halted, and ask why a certain witness had a fatal accident a couple of days after telling the world he would testify... This is without pointing out he was also the commander of the infamous Unit 101 in the 1950's

Arafat, i have already said is a murderer...however he is needed, Sharon isnt..he just makes things worse.

He wont be the 1st terrorist to be head of State: Begin, Shamir and Sharon himself come to my lips straight away as examples...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #119
    Poster
    So you now have stopped arguing that Arafat was not provided with a strong police force
    No I haven't, the proof being that he hasn't got one. The IDF keeps bombing it.

If Israel didn't arm the Pal police you'd complain that they weren't serious about giving them the ability to fight Hamas. Now that you see that Israel did arm them, it's unhelpful to provide the Pal police firearms.
    I said it would be more helpful if the IDF stopped bombing the PLO and it's police.

From 1993 to 2001, the Pal police was stable, armed, and had a solid infrastructure that was unimpeded to act. Arafat was free to roam and act as leader. He sat on his ass instead and watched Hamas
    We have already established your extremely shaky grasp of history. The occupied territories were not any of those things, as shown by UN resolutions and human rights violations.

Oslo called for disamament of anybody not in the police force. He ignored it for 8 years before Israel finally targeted Arafat's police infrastructure.
    The IDF hasn't stopped targetting the PLO and it's infrastructure since it was formed. The EU is still pissed at all the equipment the IDF has destroyed that they paid for.

If Arafat would clearly love to shut down Hamas as you say, why the fuck didn't he?? Why not call Hamas and Islamic Jihad "illegal", as Israel immediately did wrt Kahane Chai after one single terrorist act!
    He has declared attacks by Hamas on civilians in Isreal terrorist acts, but he can't effectively ban them as YOU KEEP BOMBING HIS INFRASTRUCTURE. Hamas takes up the slack (providing food and education etc) and gets more popularity. Leave the occupied territories, set up a palestinian state and let him get on with it.

When a majority of Israelis start supporting Kahane Chai's actions, I'll be glad to link the two together
    Are the palestinians brutally occupying your land while terrorising your people? Nope. Resistance to the IDF is necessary, and a majority supports it. Once you leave their land, only a minority will support continuing violence - the same as a minority of Isreali's believe in the ethnic cleansing of all palestinians by killing them if necessary.

So you'll admit that Arafat purposely started the intifadah but you need to add "only because of Israeli & American stubborness". Unreal
    Arafat didn't start the intifada as such, he was preparing to fight his end of it. Hamas don't take orders from him and they started major operations again too. Lets reprint that quote since you are ignoring it -

The leadership had invested all of its efforts in political and diplomatic channels in order to fix the flaws in the negotiations and the peace process, but to no avail. It encountered Israeli stubbornness and continuous renunciation of the (Palestinian) rights

Isreali stubborness - refusal to remove all the settlements and allow the right of return to people whose land was stolen.

Renunciation of Palestinian rights - not allowing the right of return and issues such as access to water and human rights.

The PLO tried for a peace that it's people would accept but Isreal wasn't moving a mm from it's position.

If you are in good faith peace negotiations
    Thats the problem, the Isreali's have never acted in good faith so the PLO and others prepare for their refusal of rights and illegal demands.

You condone this?
    I condone resistance to agression. I do not condone children and civilians being killed. You, however, have stated on numerous occasions that you are quite happy to see children shot in the head on the way to school, or 95 year old women to be murdered while sitting in a car. I am sure you also condone the missile attack yesterday that killed a 10 year old boy, critically injuring 3 others. None of them are terrorists.

It is your and your denial of people's rights that is unreal. Interviews with Isreali's who survived the Holocaust are filled with disbelief at what Isreal is doing in their name.

With all due respect, who cares what the site has?
    You apparently. You've been harping on about it for ages.

You copied an article that uses extremely biased sources as its references.
    You still have no idea what article, by who, and on what website I took it from.

Here's where your article was found.
    It's found on a few places on the web. The web is like that you know.

Please point out the UN references. Thanks.
    I said the site I got it from used UN docs, govt reports, human rights reports, etc. No matter how much you keep lying about it, it won't change the content of my original post. Go read it again and save yourself further embarassment. Sticking to this issue just shows your lack of any real argument on the contents of those reports. Are you denying the figures?

The territories are not annexed. Israeli law does not apply there as long as there is war
    Isreali law is completely irrelavent. Victims of occupation, POW's, everyone has basic human rights recognised by various UN Conventions. Isreal does not adhere to just about any of them.

Just as UK & US troops do not treat Iraqis as citizens of their own nations.
    If an Iraqi comes to the UK and gets a UK passport he is totally British. The underlying assumption in your statement is testament to your racism.

Arabs within Israel are equals and protected as such by Israeli law
    I have shown that in land, water, health, human rights, etc etc that they are not. Please prove my figures wrong.

As long as violence continues, everyone in the territories is in a bad situation but Israel does not practice apartheid as described here
    Any non zealot reading the definition can see that Isreal violates them. I won't attempt to convince you though as you condone mass killings and oppressive regimes.

When there is no violence, Israel withdraws and allows the PA to take over rule. Israel wants no part of rule over the Palestinians and has been trying to unload the burden for many years, in contrast to South Africa.
    Isreal has never withdrawn. Please show us a time when all Isreali settlements were removed and the IDF was behind '67 borders.

The fact that you need to use that as partof your argument displays its weakness. Just as you need to use phrases like "Jewish owned media".
    Weakness? Heh. Like I said, I leave it to the non zealots to make up their own minds. You have shown yourself to be beneath contempt with your views on killing civilians. I have also never said "Jewish owned media". I referenced "Isreali media". Something quite different, but obviously not enough for you to attack me for anti semitism so you have to invent a quote.

As pointed out, the Arab "offer" demands more from Israel than UN 242. Sorry bud
    Both sides have to make compromises. The Arabs have (no right of return, something which made Arafat very unpopular and strengthens Hamas if Isreal offers nothing) but Isreal won't. The offer of normalised relations is there but Isreal won't take it. This of course ignores the fact that 242 was weakened under Isreali pressure on it's US allies. Why are you not arguing for Iraq to have kept some of Kuwait? Or Germany to keep some of Poland and the Czech Republic? There must be no legitimisation of wars of conquest.

Stop backing up on your words.
    I'm not, except in your dreams maybe. The Arab League has recognised Isreals right to exist if Isreal will rejoin the law abiding nations of the world. As it stands now, Isreal is a rogue state comparable to many other states that the West has refused to recognise. The offer is there though, but zionists won't accept it as it interferes with the plan for a Greater Isreal.

Sad, really.
    Yes it is. Tragic that ordinary people are placed in a situation where they have to fight to regain their freedom.

I love the way you explain Black September. So pleasant. If you want to put the number at 10 000 dead Palestinians, fine.
    Why thank you. The 10000 dead (which is for both sides combined, not palestinians) is actually from a Zionist website as I wanted to find the largest number I could to show the total fiction of your 30000 figure.

Sure. Condone the mass murder of 10 000 Palestinians. But Israel is supposed to stand by and watch as Hamas etc kills civilians in Israel and vows to continue until Israel is no more.
    Again, 10000 is dead on all sides according to the most rabid zionist site. There were mostly terrorists involved (Hamas and it's forebears) who were fighting both the Jordanians and the Isreali's. They had no right to "invade" Jordan like that and Jordan defended itself as was it's right. Other states tried to negiotiate a solution but failed.

Now was Jordan entirely wrong in what it did? Nope, but it wasn't entirely right either. I have already said I am not a cheerleader for every arab state.

So you now admit that Jordan invaded Israel through the West Bank. At least we're getting somewhere
    Yes they did, due to a defence pact with Egypt. Isreal invaded Egypt so the pact was triggered. If Isreal hadn't attacked Isreal, no Jordanian attack. Same as the UK declaring war on Germany when it invaded Poland. Would you rather the UK had just left Poland (and all the jews in the east) to their fate?

If Taba was acceptable, he waited a bit too long to decide. 18 months? 
    Oh do pay attention and stop repeating the same questions over and over. Just ignoring the answers won't wash with anyone as they can read all the posts.

Arafat dropped the demand for the right of return, and said he would be willing to accept the agreement. A compromise, look that word up ok? It made him very unpopular and was one of the few statemanlike acts of his recent career. Isreal thanked him by continuing the bombing and killing.

Those setlements are existing settlements that would be gone or part of sovereign Pal territory
    The Palestinians don't want them part of PLO territory, though in reality it would be Isreali soil guarded by the IDF, and with the best of the road network earmarked as safe routes. This ignores the fact that the settlements are on the best land with the best water supply. You have to empty ALL of the settlements and get the hell off their land.

Why not research it before using it in an argument?
    You used it as an argument, not me. I made a passing comment on it and pointed out that the fact they celebrated was completely irrelavent. The US finances the people killing them daily, you bet some people liked the fact that the US got a small taste of what that is like.

For the idiots in the back, of course I condemn the WTC attacks.

Anyways, like I said before. This is tiring. You're now at the point where you're backtacking and changing your story
    Hahaha, god you are funny. You haven't addressed any of the main points and instead use your time asking the same questions again and again when people (not just me) have answered them repeatedly. Your blindness is only matched by your ignorance of the facts. You odious racism is just another unfortunate component of your "arguments".

"I never said it was true, I said 'apparently'
    Look up the word apparently ok? Some of use language with a purpose, rather than just spewing out random words.

"never said the article I copied used UN documents as sources, I said the website has some"
    As I did, here is the quote (top post on page 5) - That latter site takes it's info from UN docs, international papers, govt papers, you name it

Now are you going to deny what is in front of your face? I know you appear to be a master of self deception, but that will take some effort.

First, it's "Arafat's police wasn't strong", then it's "too many guns supplied to Araft's police".
    I said the guns were not the most helpful thing to give them, stopping killing them and blowing things up would be a better help. Quote - I said help of any note. Adding 20000 guns to an unstable region is not exactly helpful. Try not demolishing police stations, shooting policemen, and the rest of the box of tricks used by the IDF to stop a palestinians infrastructure.

First it's "Israel started the 1967 war", then it's "Jordan struck because blah blah".
    Isreal did start the war, with airstrikes. Egypt then activated it's defence pact with Jordan. Note - defence pact. No Isreali attack on Egypt, no Jordanian retaliation.

At least you'll now admit that jordan opened the West Bank front. At least.
    I never denied it. It was opened due to the defenc ... ah well you know it by now

Whatever. Again, if you want to find common ground, lemme know. If you want to argue semantics, find someone else. I'm gonna listen to hobbes' advice.
    Despite a few good things in your posts (recognizing Isreal is not always right), if you continue to condone the oppression and killing of children and other civilians then I am happy to not find common ground with you. Much as I am happy to not have common ground with Nazi's.

They withdrew completly from more than half the territories, put Arafat in charge in more than that and ended up with more suicide bombings than before. Not a good showing
    Incorrect. The greatest rise in deaths by suicide bombings is under Sharon, who has never offered anything to the Palestinians - including any kind of withdrawal. That includes removing all the settlements.

Side note, you notice Sharon mentions removing the settlements just before his interview with the police on fraud charges? I guess he is doing a Barak, offer something you have no intention of following through on so you can say later - "but we offered this!". I imagine he will be out of office fairly soon thank god.

A recap then.

You refuse to address the water, land, human rights, murder of children, the settlements, jewish terrorism in the runup to 48, etc etc. The sentiment of most of the replies to this thread from others is that you are making a very poor case and ignoring the evidence. I would have to concur.

The fact that you blatently lie about quotes, while ignoring the main points of posts, means it is probably pointless discussing anything with you.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #120
    Oh for crying out loud...

Your quote:

That site has plagarised and changed the words of the site I took the info from. That latter site takes it's info from UN docs, international papers, govt papers, you name it. I am quite happy to say that some of my post is directly from the latter site, you will notice it is all factual data though and backed up by relavant source papers
    Post a fucking link to your article that takes its info from "UN docs, international papers, govt papers, you name it".

I found the exact article written by Ronald Bleier of IGC. I feel no need to debate numbers taken from his biased opinion sources, just as I wouldn't ask you to debate sites that use extremist opinion sources saying that the UK & US are attempting to colonize Iraq.

If it isn't neither http://www.networkideas.org/themes/privati...18_Ramallah.htm or http://desip.igc.org/TheftOfWater.html and actually is from a site that uses your relevant sources, then post it!

Jeez.

The IDF hasn't stopped targetting the PLO and it's infrastructure since it was formed.
    Palestinian police force members killed:

1993: 0
    1994: 1
    1995: 4
    1996: 13
    1997: 0
    1998: 0
    1999: 0
    2000: 2

Btselem numbers. Kindly find someone else to lie to.

Arafat didn't start the intifada as such, he was preparing to fight his end of it.
    Excuse me?

His own communications minister admitted that Arafat planned the intifadah but if you say he didn't start it, ok. We believe you.

"This Intifada was planned in advance, ever since President Arafat’s return from the Camp David negotiations, where he turned the table upside down on President Clinton."

"We will return to the early days of the PLO, to the sixties and seventies; ‘the Fatah Hawks’ will return" Airplane hijackings and murder of Olympic athletes, here we come. Very smart thing for Arafat's minister to threaten.

How would it sound for a Sharon minister to say "Kahane Chai will return"? No, don't tell me.

Isreal has never withdrawn
    "Area A contained more than 80% of the Palestinian West Bank population" http://www.nad-plo.org/hborders.php

Yes, realize that it's a PLO link before you question it. In case you don't know what Area A is, it's the area that Israel withdrew from completely as part part of Oslo. It's the area that the PA had full control over wrt social services, and security.

So from 1993, 80% of Palestinian population was in 100% control by the PA police. but...

Israeli civilians killed within Israel:

1991: 8
    1992: 6
    1993: 3 Oslo signed
    1994: 47
    1995: 9
    1996: 38
    1997: 25

Why were the suicide bombers not stopped? Why was Hamas not declared illegal? Why were they not arrested as required by Oslo? Israel did arrest and illegalize Kahane Chai.

The 10000 dead [Palestinians killed by Jordan in 1 month] (which is for both sides combined, not palestinians)
    1970: Black September. King Hussein of Jordan massacred tens of thousands of Palestinians
    http://www.greenleft.org.au/back/2000/425/425p18b.htm

- Lefty socialist source

"Under him we lost 20,000 people in Jordan during the Black September massacres of 1970"

- Palestinian source
    http://www.themodernreligion.com/ter...c-whyhero.html

the Jordanians
    massacred 18,000 Palestinians in 12 days in “Black September”

www.christian-witness.org/israel/jp_nzoct02.html

10000 is dead on all sides according to the most rabid zionist site. There were mostly terrorists involved
    Are you sure that 10,000 deaths combined was the highest number you could find???

Which one of these is the rabidly zionist site?

Are you sure that it was mostly terrorists that were massacred? Are you calling Palestinian civilians terrorists?

I'm surprised. No, I'm not. You'd argue anything just for the point of arguing.

I wonder where your canton argument went...

You, however, have stated on numerous occasions that you are quite happy to see children shot in the head on the way to school, or 95 year old women to be murdered while sitting in a car
    Is that really the best you can do now? Is this how you convince yourself that those who disagree with you are boogiemen? Must be nice world you live in where everyone around you thinks the same as you and anyone you come across on that bad internet who doesn't agree with you is "happy to see children shot in the head". Pathetic.

Until you show me where I stated this, have fun with yourself.

When you lie about what I say, you show everyone that your argument is going nowhere and are now resorting to the desperate. I said this not once, but "on numerous occasions". Should be easy enough to show.

You are not to be reasoned with.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast