PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Horror

AlucardXXVII
07-10-2003, 01:04 AM
I really knid of like zombie horror flicks. I think the best one was Night of the Living Dead(color, 1991)

I want to watch some other flicks and I'm looking for some suggestions.

Now, I don't really want anything too ultra cheesy, like Return of the Living Dead...

I just watched 28 Days Later and I was impressed because it wasn't real cliche...the zombies weren't mindless stupidasses who stumbled around...they were kind of smart and real fast.

If you know of any cool movies, will you put some of them down in this topic?

THANKS!

jimmyfiend
07-10-2003, 01:24 AM
These are some swet zombie horrors for you mate.
Evil Dead, not strictly zombie but the best horror film ever (1,2 and 3 Army of Darkness) 2 Is the best
Cannibal Ferox
Cannibal Holocaust
Dawn of the Dead (some fools stuck in a mall when all zombie hell is breaking loose outside) the bomb
That should get you started.

AlucardXXVII
07-10-2003, 01:32 AM
I actually have Evil Dead, and while it IS entertaining, it's not really what I'm looking for. Evil dead is sort of a cult thing. I haven't seen 2 or 3 so I don't know about them

Thank you for the other suggestions, Dawn of the Dead sounds cool, I'll go look for that one

Anyone else?

PaPaGladstone
07-10-2003, 01:49 AM
Defenitely get dawn of the dead. That is a zombie classic. Day of the dead is also decent (its about some fools stuck in a missle complex trying to cure zombieism when all zombie hell is breaking loose outside). The original night of the living dead is the best by far IMO. Zombie Flesh Eaters is also a very good zombie flick.

iceaura
07-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Resident Evil?

jimmyfiend
07-10-2003, 02:30 AM
RESIDENT EVIL!!!!!! No No No, that movie whilst fairly entertaining and nowhere near as good as the games is not worthy of being in this category. You fool.
Thats the one i was thinking of Zombie Flesh eaters thanks papagladstone.
Enjoy Sucka's

mogadishu
07-10-2003, 05:08 AM
I thought 28 days later fits well in this categorie.. the only dif is that it actually explains why they are zombies. and the explanation makes sense, unlike some of these other movies.

that1dude
07-10-2003, 06:50 AM
well in resident evil they did explain how the zombies came to be. i thought it was a pretty good movie in a well you know horrorless era.

maddytherenegade
07-10-2003, 01:59 PM
One word.....BRAINDEAD..i dled it today and watched it..
The bloodiest zombie movie with gallons of blood in each scene...\
Unbelievable that THE peter jackssssssson directed it!1

THE DUDE
07-10-2003, 03:31 PM
The Omega Man fits into this genre. Its alot like 28 days later (plot wise).

MetroStars
07-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Zombie Films u should see....

Night of the Living Dead old 1 and the Remake

Dawn of the Dead

Day of the Dead

Zombie Creeping Flesh

Zombie Flesh Eater's

Return of the Living dead 1,2,3

Zombie Holocaust

The Dead Next Door

Zombie Nosh

@KUMA
07-10-2003, 09:08 PM
I know is been said but "The Dead Next Door" has to be the no1 cheezy movie out of the list, i know as i have seen all of them. It's more like a B movie.

:ph34r:

MetroStars
07-10-2003, 09:34 PM
dam right... the dead next door is cheap as fuck still worth having..

did u know none of the actors got paid for working on the dead next door

rottenchild
07-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Hell, you're for sure looking for both Day and Dawn of the Dead, and Braindead aka, "Dead Alive" in the US, but you really need to watch Cemetery Man. And what's the problem with Return of the Living Dead???