Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Thread: America

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

Thank you for replying Peerzy.

1. I was simply turning the question around. I never meant to imply you did say such.

2. But the point is, they still fly them. Like you said yourself, it is support.

3. I actually didn't realize you meant that they were climbing the trees during the storm. Please chalk that one up to my misunderstanding. And indeed, it was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
    1) K'
    2) Well, really we hang them from the stands and that is pretty much the only time we hang/fly them.
    3) Yes there was flowing water below her and she was having trouble even holding onto the flag as she climbed the tree.
    3) She was a dumbass playing up to the cameras. Patriotism is great but get a fucking grip.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Round and round.

Bye, Busy.
    He is a special type of idiot...

Anyone got a audio clip of Lennox Lewis? I haven't heard his voice in a while but I do remember he didn't have a British accent.
    It's not as pure yaws but it's definitely there.

He lived in London a decent amount of time so it's understandable that he'll have a British accent ffs. I really don't know why the fact of me puting his name in parenthesis brought into question his obvious accent.

It's his accent, not a representation of his character or anything.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-19-2005 at 11:04 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #103
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    what do you define as a "british" accent exactly? I'm pretty sure for example Manker and myself sound very different yet both have a british accent.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #104
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo
    what do you define as a "british" accent exactly? I'm pretty sure for example Manker and myself sound very different yet both have a british accent.
    Apparently lennox lewis.

5. Lounge   -   #105
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    A British accent is any accent from Britland, or Austrailia
    Last edited by DarthInsinuate; 10-19-2005 at 11:02 PM. Reason: grammar
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Lounge   -   #106
    well i can honestly say that from the two occasions on which I've ever met american people, one group thought I was from "Edin-bu-row" and the other complimented me on my good english (thinking I was Dutch!)

7. Lounge   -   #107
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    well i can honestly say that from the two occasions on which I've ever met american people, one group thought I was from "Edin-bu-row" and the other complimented me on my good english (thinking I was Dutch!)

I have a thick lancashire accent. I was once working offshore on a pipelaying barge in thailand and i'd been on there 3 months with the same people. The barge foreman was american, and in the last week he asked me which part of ireland i came from.

8. Lounge   -   #108
    I can't explain it I guess. I know it when I hear it though. Words are pronounced differently and have different inflection.

There was a fella I worked with in Virginia that was from the Caribbean islands. He had an island accent but it sounded British. When I asked him he told me the British originally settled the island he was from.

It's weird that manker can't recognize Lennox as having a Brit accent yet over here it's CaptainObvious.

Incidently he told the story where he impregnated 2 woman on different occasions on the same day. He has two kids conceived on the same day from different mothers.
    Last edited by Busyman; 10-19-2005 at 11:12 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #109
    to be fair, it's also every canadian I've ever met (1), she thought I was from Ireland.
    Maybe being mistaken for scottish is slightly acceptable though, there are a few similarities between 'em and geordie

10. Lounge   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles

I have a thick lancashire accent. I was once working offshore on a pipelaying barge in thailand and i'd been on there 3 months with the same people. The barge foreman was american, and in the last week he asked me which part of ireland i came from.
    Over here I probably first heard Irish accents due to commercials from

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast