Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Operating System

What operating system do you like and why? call me old school, but i like '98. i never liked 2k(who did?), and i never liked xp(dont ask why i just dont).

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Knowledge is Power
    My avatar speaks for itself.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    The one where they lay you down on the table and they put you to sleep

Sorry, very tired, none of you are gonna get any sense outta me today

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by sampson@2 August 2003 - 11:20
    What operating system do you like and why? call me old school, but i like '98. i never liked 2k(who did?), and i never liked xp(dont ask why i just dont).
    You are just old school, why did you never like XP.

98SE one assumes, as 98 was rubbish.

I use XP PRO, because I think the NT kernel is much better and more stable than the DOS kernel.

However I use the 98 GUI because I think it is better. I like the look, it also speeds the PC up by not having to do fancy dan graphics al the time. I donīt like all of the 3d bubble pish on XPīs GUI.

I use FAT32 as I quite like booting to DOS sometimes, for low level tasks. I know you can use some things to run DOS if you have NTFS, but I donīt think it is worth the bother as FAT32 works perfectly well with XP.

However being a total luddite that is probably a terrible set up, but it suits me.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Ok I got 1 minute of seriousness left so here goes...........

XP all the way, fantastic prog, you can't hurt your pc, unless you really usless

Don't like ME, Win 98se is a good little system for small pc's, I would use that if I could'nt have XP

There..........that's ya lot

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@2 August 2003 - 11:37

Don't like ME,
    Maybe that explains some things.

You should like yourself. You cant really love others if you donīt like yourself.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by JPaul+2 August 2003 - 10:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 2 August 2003 - 10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JONNO_CELEBS@2 August 2003 - 11:37

Don&#39;t like ME,
    Maybe that explains some things.

You should like yourself. You cant really love others if you donīt like yourself. [/b][/quote]
    PMSL Oh man I walked right into that

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    I agree with JPaul about the NT kernel, far more stable than the DOS base.

But for me there were too many bugs introduced with XP (why doesn&#39;t microsoft sort the major bugs out BEFORE the release), I&#39;ll wait until SP2 comes out (as usual, see my sig) so for the moment I&#39;m sticking with 2K.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I used 95 for years on my small laptop, when I got my pc I switched to xp, but maya and flash kept crashing until I switched to 2000 (with sp2), everything works perfetcly. My girlfreind has ME, has to be the WORST of all. Never tried 98. But still, its all microsoft, which makes the whole row suck anyway.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by ChuckChan@2 August 2003 - 11:52
    My girlfreind has ME,
    Thatīs a shame, I sincerely hope she feels better soon.

(I know Jonno - Itīs very similar, but a different ........ oh never mind)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast