Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Progress Toward Bittorrent's Holy Grail?

Hishighness420's Avatar 1337 h4x0r
    Nor am I, I was responding to the previous post. But if the threat of legal action were eliminated I imagine people would be a lot more willing to put a lot more things up on torrent sites.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    a great man once said

MPAA RIAA SUXAA...couldn't care less
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    pandapop's Avatar +OK 3fds/fog43/dfs5l BT Rep: +1
    doesnt shareaza do exactly what you're suggesting? and isnt it rubbish?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1
    With the DHT thingy in uTorrent and Azureus, tracking is actually decentralized to such an extent that trying to shut down a popular torrent or actually singling out someone for prosecution becomes almost impossible. I've seen torrents live on for up to 1/2 a year with the actual, original tracker gone.

Somehow on these torrents there also seems to be a balancing function in effect. It seems impossible to DL at a higher speed than your UL. Very interesting, but I have no clue what does it or if it is even intentional from the coders.

All of this is totally contrary to the interests of private trackers and their members though, and you will therefore see most (or all) of them specifically saying that DHT must be turned off, or you could get banned (decent tracker software is aware and denies this anyway, though some coders stubbornly refuse to code this).

Not really any conclusion from me here, just some food for thought...

But personally I have come to the conclusion after torrenting for some years, that website based trackers are far superior for me. I want a decent description before I download, actual categories to search, no dupes, no crap files, no errors... and that means someone must moderate, set rules and that people behaving like morons will be stopped/thrown out.

In open filesharing there is just too many idiots, immature children & your general, everyday loosers that mess things up with viruses, trojans, spyware, crap files, inane naming&sorting habits, hit&running, leaving a seed hanging and the list just goes on and on and on and on...

Just my 2c (or maybe 4)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123