Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: My 2 Cents

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @Cheese.... I'm glad you see my point, that obviously means I explained myself reletively well. I do understand the system and it would work quite well if divided a little tighter, thats my only major problem with it I guess as I already explained and I just wanted you to get where I was coming from, although I did enjoy reading through that list, good link. But in 5 or 6 years or whenever the next load of consoles hit I will apreciate you calling them the 8th generation, my guess is the PS4, Xbox 720 and Nintendo P00 lol.

@BM... thats been my plan for a while but obviously quite a bit more pricey than a console, a pc hooked up to the tv purely for gaming.
    And no as yet we havn't hooked up the XBL but it's a possibility after xmas and I will probably take your advice on the jack.
    Lost Planet looks good from what I've seen, I am interested in Bioshock, from what I've read it sounds good but as always the proof is in the pudding.
    Just finished Dead Rising, not a bad game by all accounts, again too short (maybe 10% on GOW) but there's a multitude of endings and ways to play it although it doesn't serve enough interest for me to play them all but worth a look if for nothing more than to kill a couple of thousand zombies with pretty much any weapon you can think of.

Jonno

2. Games   -   #82
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i dunno how it works in canadia, but in england we get about 6 metres of cat-5 in the box with the premium system. just plug that into your router or PC with internet connection sharing.

xbox live is mental. it doesn't even feel like i'm being ripped off

3. Games   -   #83
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    @Cheese.... I'm glad you see my point, that obviously means I explained myself reletively well. I do understand the system and it would work quite well if divided a little tighter, thats my only major problem with it I guess as I already explained and I just wanted you to get where I was coming from, although I did enjoy reading through that list, good link. But in 5 or 6 years or whenever the next load of consoles hit I will apreciate you calling them the 8th generation, my guess is the PS4, Xbox 720 and Nintendo P00 lol.

@BM... thats been my plan for a while but obviously quite a bit more pricey than a console, a pc hooked up to the tv purely for gaming.
    And no as yet we havn't hooked up the XBL but it's a possibility after xmas and I will probably take your advice on the jack.
    Lost Planet looks good from what I've seen, I am interested in Bioshock, from what I've read it sounds good but as always the proof is in the pudding.
    Just finished Dead Rising, not a bad game by all accounts, again too short (maybe 10% on GOW) but there's a multitude of endings and ways to play it although it doesn't serve enough interest for me to play them all but worth a look if for nothing more than to kill a couple of thousand zombies with pretty much any weapon you can think of.

Jonno
    Yeah Dead Rising seems like a huge demo.

I'd like to see Stubbs The Zombie for the 360. That game was decent on the Xbox. There are lots aof possiblities there.

XBL is less than $5 bucks a month and almost any game you own is expanded. I got 3 extra levels on the original Splinter Cell from XBL for instance.

You also get XBL Arcade and demos. I remember getting demos for my PS1 and 2 when sent back a games warranty card.

This is 10 times better.

Also if you are on my friends list then for instance I can see that you're playing GOW and join in co-op stylee.

With Google Checkout you can get $20 off $50 so grab a XBL "kit" from there. I think I saw a kit with the camera and headset for $70.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-07-2006 at 06:19 AM.

4. Games   -   #84
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    i dunno how it works in canadia, but in england we get about 6 metres of cat-5 in the box with the premium system. just plug that into your router or PC with internet connection sharing.
    Yep, 6m cable, pity in order to route the cable along the wall so it's not being tripped over or stood on it would require approx 9m to the tv/xbox, so BM's idea is more than feasable.

@BM... Yeah like I said probably in the new year we'll get it although I'm suprised that you wanna go co-op with me lol, I wanna kick your ass lol, seriously though it would be a giggle and you never know what they'll come out with in the future for it. As for the kit, I dunno we got a headset with the package, I actually think it came with 30 days of XBL silver pack but I havn't read it so not sure....too lazy lol

Jonno

5. Games   -   #85
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    Yep, 6m cable, pity in order to route the cable along the wall so it's not being tripped over or stood on it would require approx 9m to the tv/xbox, so BM's idea is more than feasable.

@BM... Yeah like I said probably in the new year we'll get it although I'm suprised that you wanna go co-op with me lol, I wanna kick your ass lol, seriously though it would be a giggle and you never know what they'll come out with in the future for it. As for the kit, I dunno we got a headset with the package, I actually think it came with 30 days of XBL silver pack but I havn't read it so not sure....too lazy lol

Jonno
    XBL Silver is standard and always free.

There are different Gold packs with varying extras:

XBL: 13 months - $50
    XBL Vision: 12 months, headset, 3 XBL Arcade games (UNO, Robotron 2084, Totemball), camera, 200 Marketplace points. - $80
    XBL: 12 months, headset, 1 Arcade game Billiards, 200 MP points - $60

GOW has deathmatches also.

6. Games   -   #86
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    I was thinking of buying a Wii, but now that I knowq the graphics are not amazing Im questioning it. Does anybody here have a Wii, and have some good things to say about it? I will mostly play shooters, and soccer/basketball games.
    The Wii is fun. The new Zelda is great but it's a great game with Gamecube graphics.

For me, the Wii is a party console + Zelda.

Red Steel sucks ass. Imo it's not worth $250 at all.....unless you never had a Gamecube.

In that case....

Get Resident Evil 4, Zelda OOT, WW, and TP and call it a day. It comes with Wii Sports.
    cool, so is the 360 the best system for the money (value) then?

7. Games   -   #87
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

The Wii is fun. The new Zelda is great but it's a great game with Gamecube graphics.

For me, the Wii is a party console + Zelda.

Red Steel sucks ass. Imo it's not worth $250 at all.....unless you never had a Gamecube.

In that case....

Get Resident Evil 4, Zelda OOT, WW, and TP and call it a day. It comes with Wii Sports.
    cool, so is the 360 the best system for the money (value) then?
    Right now I'd say yes....and that's with paying the extra $50 for XBL.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Games   -   #88
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I gotta agree with what you said about the wii & ps3. Although the ps3 seems like a good deal on paper, coz its bundled with the blue ray player, I'm probably gonna go with the wii coz it looks like more fun and its cheaper. Also it'll take a while for the battle between hd-dvd & blue ray to sort itself out, and I really don't feel like becoming an early adopter on that one.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789